[gsoc2018] Project 1.1: Add statistics and machine learning functions

[gsoc2018] Project 1.1: Add statistics and machine learning functions

My name is Dattatreya Mohapatra. I am an undergrad at IIIT Delhi, majoring
in CS.

I am interested in working on extending the Boost.uBLAS library as a
project. I have taken courses on Linear Algebra and Machine Learning in the
past, so I have a decent basic understanding of the subject. I have used
C++11 in several of my course projects, so I have some familiarity with
advanced features like lambdas and template programming.

I have gone through the earlier threads on the same, and have started
working on the core-competency test (CCT). Can the mentors of this project
please guide me as to how should I get the CCT reviewed when its ready?

Also, is there anything else I should look at apart from the documentation
which would be helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Dattatreya Mohapatra

Re: [gsoc2018] Project 1.1: Add statistics and machine learning functions

I have submitted the competency test and I am waiting for the review.

I am going through the Boost uBLAS documentation now and trying out some
examples to get familiar with the library. It would be extremely helpful if
someone could guide me on how to get started with the codebase. Or, if
possible, point towards some easy issue to fix.

Thanks and regards,
Dattatreya Mohapatra

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 at 23:09 Dattatreya Mohapatra <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Dattatreya Mohapatra. I am an undergrad at IIIT Delhi, majoring
> in CS.
>
> I am interested in working on extending the Boost.uBLAS library as a
> project. I have taken courses on Linear Algebra and Machine Learning in the
> past, so I have a decent basic understanding of the subject. I have used
> C++11 in several of my course projects, so I have some familiarity with
> advanced features like lambdas and template programming.
>
> I have gone through the earlier threads on the same, and have started
> working on the core-competency test (CCT). Can the mentors of this project
> please guide me as to how should I get the CCT reviewed when its ready?
>
> Also, is there anything else I should look at apart from the documentation
> which would be helpful?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Dattatreya Mohapatra

Re: [gsoc2018] Project 1.1: Add statistics and machine learning functions

We'll evaluate your competency test soon and get back to you asap. I would
suggest you to
start working on the proposal in the meantime. Let us know, if you have
questions regarding
the same.

Regards,
Sharique

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 11:08 PM, Dattatreya Mohapatra via Boost <