[gsoc18] uBLAS competency test

Boost - Dev mailing list

Hello,

I'm Arun, a final year computer science undergrad. I'm interested in working on project 1 of the uBLAS library (adding statistics and machine learning functions).

I have experience with developing in C++ from working on Code Character (https://github.com/delta/codecharacter-simulator), an online AI programming challenge that some fellow students and I hosted. Since this is an application, I've taken the competency test for uBLAS and have implemented a small matrix library using expression templates along with some unit tests and benchmarks. The repo is currently private, so if a mentor shares their GitHub handle I can add them as a collaborator for reviewing it.

Thank you,
Arun Ramachandran

Re: [gsoc18] uBLAS competency test

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Arun,
David and I are mentoring this project. Great that you have completed the
competency test. You may use the email Ids involved in this email to
provide us with the access.
Since you are done with competency test, I would suggest you to start
working on the proposal. We'll get to back to you once we evaluate your
test. Also, if you have any questions,
please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Sharique

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 4:28 PM, Arun Ramachandran via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm Arun, a final year computer science undergrad. I'm interested in
> working on project 1 of the uBLAS library (adding statistics and machine
> learning functions).
>
> I have experience with developing in C++ from working on Code Character (
> https://github.com/delta/codecharacter-simulator), an online AI
> programming challenge that some fellow students and I hosted. Since this is
> an application, I've taken the competency test for uBLAS and have
> implemented a small matrix library using expression templates along with
> some unit tests and benchmarks. The repo is currently private, so if a
> mentor shares their GitHub handle I can add them as a collaborator for
> reviewing it.
>
> Thank you,
> Arun Ramachandran

Re: [gsoc18] uBLAS competency test

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello Mohammad,

I'll get started on the proposal. Meanwhile, I have a question about where the uBLAS code is hosted, and about documentation.

I assume I should be looking at https://github.com/uBLAS/ublas/tree/develop, but it looks like the last commit there was made in November 2016, so I'm not sure where I can find the latest code. Related to this, I'm unsure of whether the documentation at http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_66_0/libs/numeric/ublas/doc/index.html is up to date. I'd appreciate it if you could point me to the updated repo and documentation.

Thank you,
Arun

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 4:28 PM, Arun Ramachandran via Boost <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Hello,

I'm Arun, a final year computer science undergrad. I'm interested in working on project 1 of the uBLAS library (adding statistics and machine learning functions).

I have experience with developing in C++ from working on Code Character (https://github.com/delta/codecharacter-simulator), an online AI programming challenge that some fellow students and I hosted. Since this is an application, I've taken the competency test for uBLAS and have implemented a small matrix library using expression templates along with some unit tests and benchmarks. The repo is currently private, so if a mentor shares their GitHub handle I can add them as a collaborator for reviewing it.

Thank you,
Arun Ramachandran

Re: [gsoc18] uBLAS competency test

Boost - Dev mailing list
​Ha ha, true. We didn't commit anything for quite some time now. Been busy
with so many other things. The code in github is indeed the last update.​