Quantcast

[gsoc17] Project Static map : Clarifications and Competency test

[gsoc17] Project Static map : Clarifications and Competency test

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi

I am Pasindu Kanchana from Sri Lanka, studying at the University of
Moratuwa as a final year undergraduate(4th year).I have worked as a
developer intern for past 6 months for an exchange related company focusing
c++ and have used boost memory mapped_file , tokenizer and filesystem.

It would be really helpful if i get answers for the following 3 questions.

A)Although the requested key is not in range ,still the code should
compile?(without any error throwing and halting compilation)

B)The solution to the problem should prove that compile time initiation of
the map is confirmed(constexpr should definitely compile at the compile
time not remain to the run time).would it be enough to practically proving
this for different compilers under c++14 to approve as a solution?

C)Should I take the competency test?

Thank you.

Re: [gsoc17] Project Static map : Clarifications and Competency test

Boost - Dev mailing list
> A)Although the requested key is not in range ,still the code should
> compile?(without any error throwing and halting compilation)

It would be nice if it failed at compile time. But this is hard without
C++ 17.

All the other students have used https://gcc.godbolt.org/

> C)Should I take the competency test?

Unless you have an open source library written by you at least three
months ago, then yes.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting