[gsoc17] My proposal

GuillermoReyes
Dear Vissarion and Adam,

My name is Guillermo- a Computer science student at UCLA. I am excited at the possibility of contributing to such a useful library! My application is not yet complete, but I will post my draft on here to demonstrate my intent to participate in the program.

For the competency test, I began to implement a representation of points on earth and used the great-circle formula to calculate the shortest distance between two points.

I will have a more in-depth explanation of the code by the final iteration of the draft along with the complete proposal and application.

Sincerely,

Guillermo R.

Re: [gsoc17] My proposal

GuillermoReyes
note: I forgot to add a link to my draft. I apologize.
https://github.com/GuillermoReyes/BOOST_

Re: [gsoc17] My proposal

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello Guillermo,

thanks for your interest in the project.

Please add your proposal as a draft on the GSoC site in google docs
format preferable so we can comment on the text.

A quick comment: we are expecting to see timings and distance results
using your function and Boost.Geometry's distance
functions as well as your comments on those results.

Best,
Vissarion.

On 31 March 2017 at 01:28, GuillermoReyes via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> note: I forgot to add a link to my draft. I apologize.
> https://github.com/GuillermoReyes/BOOST_
> <https://github.com/GuillermoReyes/BOOST_>

Re: [gsoc17] My proposal

GuillermoReyes
Hello Vissarion,

Thank you for your response. I have added the link of the google doc to the gsoc website.

Sincerely,

Guillermo R.