[gsoc17]Getting interests in uBLAS

I am Ruoyun, I'm back again.:) In these few days, I'm getting start with
boost by [link](https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Getting-Started),
and got something wrong with developing/checking out a particular branch
that in Ubuntu, I can not find the file called"modular-boost",but when I
tried to "cd libs/geometry",it went run.

When I tried to contact the devs of geometry in gitter, IRC, and email,
there is only a reply for me. So I'm pretty interested in math about any
aspects, because during my life of algorithm competition, I was good at
algorithms in geometry, number theory, linear algebra and etc. I am really
want to contact with mentor more frequently to learn more knowledge and
provide more contributions to boost. I'm also interested in uBLAS and
willing to learn knowledge about that !!!

Looking forward from you!

Thanks.

Ruoyun Jing
--
Northwest University of China
Software Engineering

Re: [gsoc17]Getting interests in uBLAS

if you are a student and are interested in GSoC 2017, the first step you
need to take is to pass the competency test:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017#Programmingcompetencytest1

When you're done, please send me your code.

The second step will be to decide which project you want to work on. I
proposed a few non-exhaustive list of projects here:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017#a2.Boost.uBLAS:linearalgebraandmatrixcomputations

You can of course propose your own project. You need to write a thorough
description and I will help you to improve it before we submit it to the
Boost members and Google.

Best regards,
David

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 6:15 AM, Ruoyun Jing <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am Ruoyun, I'm back again.:) In these few days, I'm getting start with
> boost by [link](https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Getting-Started),
> and got something wrong with developing/checking out a particular branch
> that in Ubuntu, I can not find the file called"modular-boost",but when I
> tried to "cd libs/geometry",it went run.
>
> When I tried to contact the devs of geometry in gitter, IRC, and email,
> there is only a reply for me. So I'm pretty interested in math about any
> aspects, because during my life of algorithm competition, I was good at
> algorithms in geometry, number theory, linear algebra and etc. I am really
> want to contact with mentor more frequently to learn more knowledge and
> provide more contributions to boost. I'm also interested in uBLAS and
> willing to learn knowledge about that !!!
>
> Looking forward from you!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ruoyun Jing
> --
> Northwest University of China
> Software Engineering
> [hidden email] <[hidden email]>

Re: [gsoc17]Getting interests in uBLAS

Boost - Dev mailing list

Does the test include getting over this hurdle?   ;-)

"An error occurred during a connection to svn.boost.org. Peer's Certificate has been revoked. Error code:
SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE"

(I see it is being fixed but isn't very helpful to newcomers?).

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal UK LA8 8AB
+44 (0) 1539 561830

Paul A. Bristow Via Boost wrote:

>> if you are a student and are interested in GSoC 2017, the first step you
>> need to take is to pass the competency test:
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017#Programmingcompetencytest1
>>
>> When you're done, please send me your code.
> Does the test include getting over this hurdle?   ;-)
>
> "An error occurred during a connection to svn.boost.org. Peer's Certificate has been revoked. Error code:
> SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE"
>
> (I see it is being fixed but isn't very helpful to newcomers?).

FYI, Chrome displays the page, Firefox and IE doesn't.

Adam

Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:

> Paul A. Bristow Via Boost wrote:
>>
>>> if you are a student and are interested in GSoC 2017, the first step you
>>> need to take is to pass the competency test:
>>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017#Programmingcompetencytest1
>>>
>>> When you're done, please send me your code.
>> Does the test include getting over this hurdle?   ;-)
>>
>> "An error occurred during a connection to svn.boost.org. Peer's Certificate has been revoked. Error code:
>> SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE"
>>
>> (I see it is being fixed but isn't very helpful to newcomers?).
>
> FYI, Chrome displays the page, Firefox and IE doesn't.

It seems that this is not the case anymore. Still, *Midori *displays the
page (and some older version of Chromium). I guess this is indeed a
persistency test. ;)

Adam