[gsoc17] GSoC next steps (was: Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing)

[gsoc17] GSoC next steps (was: Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing)

Boost - Dev mailing list
> Sorry for disturbing you at this time, I experienced a very bad thing
> that Satyam Pandey, a student who sent proposal yesterday copied too
> many sections of my proposal. I marked the sections red in the given
> PDF.*I think the same pattern of GSoC proposal is common, and it does
> not matter, but his proposal has too many same description as me. *

Thank you for reporting this issue.

It is unavoidable in Google Summer of Code that students copy one
another and indeed sometimes pay another to write their competency test
for them. We actually encourage students to study one another's
applications and submit an even better application, this happened
several times this year with the static map proposal. But we frown on
failure to attribute sources, including failure to mention when the
community or stackoverflow gave them help. And students who are later
prove to be incapable of programming code at the level they advertised
in their proposal are lifetime banned not just by us, but by Google.

Last night I read every application and pre-eliminated half of them as I
do every year so the Boost community doesn't waste their time with them.
The calibre at the top this year is even higher than in past years, we
have at least three truly superb candidates per project. It will be very
hard to choose between them, and we will have to reject two superb
candidates for no good reason other than only one student can do one
project.

You should see an announcement regarding community ranking soon. Watch
this space.

Niall

Re: [gsoc17] GSoC next steps (was: Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing)

Boost - Dev mailing list
Thanks all for your help!
I will notice the following progress.

Best regards!

Ruoyun Jing

--
Northwest University of China
Software Engineering

Re: [gsoc17] GSoC next steps (was: Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing)

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Boost All,

Here are the reply from GSoC about the plagiarism.

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 11:20 PM, Ruoyun Jing <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks all for your help!
> I will notice the following progress.
>
> Best regards!
>
> Ruoyun Jing

>> > Sorry for disturbing you at this time, I experienced a very bad thing
>> > that Satyam Pandey, a student who sent proposal yesterday copied too
>> > many sections of my proposal. I marked the sections red in the given
>> > PDF.*I think the same pattern of GSoC proposal is common, and it does
>> > not matter, but his proposal has too many same description as me. *
>>
>> Thank you for reporting this issue.
>>
>> It is unavoidable in Google Summer of Code that students copy one
>> another and indeed sometimes pay another to write their competency test
>> for them. We actually encourage students to study one another's
>> applications and submit an even better application, this happened
>> several times this year with the static map proposal. But we frown on
>> failure to attribute sources, including failure to mention when the
>> community or stackoverflow gave them help. And students who are later
>> prove to be incapable of programming code at the level they advertised
>> in their proposal are lifetime banned not just by us, but by Google.

I checked the final edit of Satyam Pandey's Proposal, and did not find he
attributed source of mine. If the references did existed, could you please
notice me about that?

Last night I read every application and pre-eliminated half of them as I

>> do every year so the Boost community doesn't waste their time with them.
>> The calibre at the top this year is even higher than in past years, we
>> have at least three truly superb candidates per project. It will be very
>> hard to choose between them, and we will have to reject two superb
>> candidates for no good reason other than only one student can do one
>> project.
>>
>> You should see an announcement regarding community ranking soon. Watch
>> this space.
>>
>> Niall
>>

> --
> Northwest University of China
> Software Engineering
> [hidden email] <[hidden email]>

Thanks All for reading!

Best regards!

Ruoyun Jing
--
Northwest University of China
Software Engineering
[hidden email] <[hidden email]>

Re: [gsoc17] GSoC next steps (was: Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing)

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Boost All,

Thanks all for your notice about this event. This event is well handled by
GSoC and Boost admin. Thanks all your help about me during this time!

Then I will continue to focus on what I proposed for GSoC project. Learn
Boost development and the knowledge I need. I will try my best to
contribute to Boost.

Thanks all for your help!

Best regards.

Ruoyun Jing