[gsoc17]Dynamic Shortest Path Computation

A.I

[gsoc17]Dynamic Shortest Path Computation

A.I
Hi, everyone,

I am Donghyuk Kim, a Ph.D. Student at KAIST(Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) in South Korea.

I've been studying motion/path planning algorithm and I'd like to contribute to a specific algorithm,
"Dynamic Shortest Path Computation" in Boost graph library as a google summer code project.

It is a tree-based data structure for maintaining single-source to all destination shortest path. It is also known that it outperforms the recomputation of Dijkstra or A* where insertion and deletion of vertex/edge can frequently happen.

Here you can check my brief CV including educational/programming background and my interests.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/donghyuk-kim-54223355/

Most of my source codes (research/project-purpose things) are in a private repository by our policy, for this reason, the only thing I can share is the below one:
https://github.com/aidyk/SGMP

The concept of "Dynamic Shortest Path Computation" was originally introduced in
[Fully Dynamic Algorithms for Maintaining Shortest Paths Trees] by D. Frigioni, et al.
(http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=338900)

I've already implemented a prototype for my research, but testing, coding style unification and much more c++ style modification are required for general purpose.

I hope someone find it interesting and be a mentor in this journey.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Donghyuk Kim
a.i@acm.org

Re: [gsoc17]Dynamic Shortest Path Computation

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 22/03/2017 03:50, A.I via Boost wrote:
> I've been studying motion/path planning algorithm and I'd like to contribute
> to a specific algorithm,
> "Dynamic Shortest Path Computation" in Boost graph library as a google
> summer code project.

Would anybody be willing to mentor this project in Boost.Graph? We
likely will have plenty of available slots this year.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting