[gsoc] Encourage original ideas

I noticed there may be confusion among students regarding project ideas.
I sense, students (sometimes) fail to find the GSoC guides [1] ...

So, based on the first paragraph of [1], I have updated our wiki [2]
placing this note to students:

"To any potential students, in addition to the list of project ideas,
we don't discourage original ideas proposed by students. "

If any mentors here disagree, please let me know and I will remove it
(or move it to GIL, which I'm involved with as a mentor).

[1] https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/finding-the-right-project
[2] https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2020

Re: [gsoc] Encourage original ideas

Boost - Dev mailing list
I would change "we don't discourage" by "we encourage".

El vie., 28 feb. 2020 a las 2:32, Mateusz Loskot via Boost (<
[hidden email]>) escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed there may be confusion among students regarding project ideas.
> I sense, students (sometimes) fail to find the GSoC guides [1] ...
>
> So, based on the first paragraph of [1], I have updated our wiki [2]
> placing this note to students:
>
> "To any potential students, in addition to the list of project ideas,
> we don't discourage original ideas proposed by students. "
>
> If any mentors here disagree, please let me know and I will remove it
> (or move it to GIL, which I'm involved with as a mentor).
>
> [1] https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/finding-the-right-project
> [2] https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2020
>
> Best regards,

Re: [gsoc] Encourage original ideas

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 at 00:59, Damian Vicino via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would change "we don't discourage" by "we encourage".

Good idea. Changed to that. Thanks.