glas introduction available

Toon Knapen
Hi all,

Karl and I have, with the feedback from the ml, experimented a lot with
expression-templates, dispatching of expressions to multiple backends
and with finding a convenient syntax for the API. Finally we have
converged to an architecture that should allow us to accomplish our goals.

At the same time we also documented this architecture and implemented a
few functions according to the described architecture. You can find a
link (called Introduction) to this  documentation on the glas website at
http://glas.sourceforge.net/doc/papers/introduction/index.html. In
addition you can find a few code examples in the test subdirectory (of
the glas-CVS but I can also make tarballs available if you want) that
perform a vector addition and a vector scaling. Although nothing
extraordinary, these tests show how users can easily choose to evaluate
the expression using expression templates or can dispatch the expression
 to any other backend. Currently 2 other backends are implemented: one
for BLAS and one for VSIPL++.

For those planning to attend ECOOP06, I plan to present the architecture
of glas at POOSC06 (http://www.c3.lanl.gov/poosc06/).

toon

Re: glas introduction available

Shefali
Hi Toon,
I am currently working in an area, which requires extensive use of thess things.
Can you please mail me the codes, as you have mentioned?
It will be of great help to me if you mail me whatever code is available.

Looking forward for your response.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Shefali

Re: glas introduction available

Karl Meerbergen
Hi Shefali,

We are still working on the vector concepts, models and algorithms. Toon and I
currently have little time to continue working on the project.

I will be able to work more intensively on GLAS from november on.

Regards,

Karl

On Saturday 05 August 2006 20:00, Shefali wrote:

> Hi Toon,
> I am currently working in an area, which requires extensive use of thess
> things.
> Can you please mail me the codes, as you have mentioned?
> It will be of great help to me if you mail me whatever code is available.
>
> Looking forward for your response.
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Shefali