[github] Retriggering CI tests

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[github] Retriggering CI tests

Boost - Dev mailing list
How does one retrigger CI testing for a PR on Github without having to
artificially update the PR ? I tried to find the answer to this in
Github Help with no success. Maybe you have to retrigger tests within
the testing environment somehow but I could not see how in either
Appveyor or Travis CI.


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [github] Retriggering CI tests

Boost - Dev mailing list
Edward Diener wrote:

> How does one retrigger CI testing for a PR on Github without having to
> artificially update the PR?

Close the PR, then reopen it.


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [github] Retriggering CI tests

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On 2020-05-08 21:17, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:
> How does one retrigger CI testing for a PR on Github without having to
> artificially update the PR ? I tried to find the answer to this in
> Github Help with no success. Maybe you have to retrigger tests within
> the testing environment somehow but I could not see how in either
> Appveyor or Travis CI.

For Travis, you can restart the build jobs from Travis web UI.

For AppVeyor, I don't think you can, unless you have admin rights to the
CI project (i.e. if it is your CI project). In this case you can amend
the last commit with no changes and force-push the branch. This will
trigger all CIs.

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [github] Retriggering CI tests

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Fri, 8 May 2020, 21:30 Andrey Semashev via Boost, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 2020-05-08 21:17, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:
> > How does one retrigger CI testing for a PR on Github without having to
> > artificially update the PR ? I tried to find the answer to this in
> > Github Help with no success. Maybe you have to retrigger tests within
> > the testing environment somehow but I could not see how in either
> > Appveyor or Travis CI.
>
> For Travis, you can restart the build jobs from Travis web UI.
>


Hmm, do you mean no push permissions needed to be able to cancel Travis
job?

https://travis-ci.community/t/open-the-cancel-button-permission-to-allow-contributors-to-terminate-the-matrix-build-job/101

Mateusz Loskot, [hidden email]
(Sent from mobile, may suffer from top-posting)

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [github] Retriggering CI tests

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 2020-05-08 22:45, Mateusz Loskot via Boost wrote:

> On Fri, 8 May 2020, 21:30 Andrey Semashev via Boost, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2020-05-08 21:17, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:
>>> How does one retrigger CI testing for a PR on Github without having to
>>> artificially update the PR ? I tried to find the answer to this in
>>> Github Help with no success. Maybe you have to retrigger tests within
>>> the testing environment somehow but I could not see how in either
>>> Appveyor or Travis CI.
>>
>> For Travis, you can restart the build jobs from Travis web UI.
>
> Hmm, do you mean no push permissions needed to be able to cancel Travis
> job?

Hmm, it seems you do need push permissions to restart Travis jobs. I
thought all members of boostorg could do that.

In that case altering the PR somehow seems to be the only way.

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [github] Retriggering CI tests

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On 5/8/2020 3:18 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> How does one retrigger CI testing for a PR on Github without having to
>> artificially update the PR?
>
> Close the PR, then reopen it.

Not the answer I expected, but if it works it is a brilliant solution. I
assume since it comes from Peter that it works. Now why did not I think
of trying that <g>.


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost