[gil] Can I merge two minor fixes to header dependencies and tests for 1.7.4?

[gil] Can I merge two minor fixes to header dependencies and tests for 1.7.4?

Boost - Dev mailing list
Dear Release Manager,

I'd like to request permission to merge these two minor fixes
into GIL's master for release with 1.74

1. Fix dynamic_image extension header dependencies
    https://github.com/boostorg/gil/pull/508

    This basically removes all-in-one #include <boost/gil.hpp
    from GIL's own headers.

2. Re-enable self containing header tests in CMake
    https://github.com/boostorg/gil/pull/509

    Minor correction to an incidental disabling of headers tests in CMake.

May I?

Re: [gil] Can I merge two minor fixes to header dependencies and tests for 1.7.4?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Jul 26, 2020, at 11:42 AM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Release Manager,
>
> I'd like to request permission to merge these two minor fixes
> into GIL's master for release with 1.74
>
> 1. Fix dynamic_image extension header dependencies
>    https://github.com/boostorg/gil/pull/508
>
>    This basically removes all-in-one #include <boost/gil.hpp
>    from GIL's own headers.
>
> 2. Re-enable self containing header tests in CMake
>    https://github.com/boostorg/gil/pull/509
>
>    Minor correction to an incidental disabling of headers tests in CMake.

Mateusz —

Have these been committed to `develop`?
I don’t see that.

— Marshall

P.S. You never need permission to land stuff in ‘develop'

Re: [gil] Can I merge two minor fixes to header dependencies and tests for 1.7.4?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 at 20:58, Marshall Clow via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2020, at 11:42 AM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Release Manager,
> >
> > I'd like to request permission to merge these two minor fixes
> > into GIL's master for release with 1.74
> >
> > 1. Fix dynamic_image extension header dependencies
> >    https://github.com/boostorg/gil/pull/508
> >
> >    This basically removes all-in-one #include <boost/gil.hpp
> >    from GIL's own headers.
> >
> > 2. Re-enable self containing header tests in CMake
> >    https://github.com/boostorg/gil/pull/509
> >
> >    Minor correction to an incidental disabling of headers tests in CMake.
>
> Mateusz —
>
> Have these been committed to `develop`?
> I don’t see that.

Marshall,

Sorry, I sent my request before merging the PRs to the develop.
I've now merged.

> P.S. You never need permission to land stuff in ‘develop'

Yes, I'm aware. I just was late with merging to develop.
This request I'm making here is about follow-up merge to master,

On Jul 26, 2020, at 12:09 PM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 at 20:58, Marshall Clow via Boost
>> On Jul 26, 2020, at 11:42 AM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Release Manager,
>>>
>>> I'd like to request permission to merge these two minor fixes
>>> into GIL's master for release with 1.74
>>>
>>> 1. Fix dynamic_image extension header dependencies
>>>   https://github.com/boostorg/gil/pull/508
>>>
>>>   This basically removes all-in-one #include <boost/gil.hpp
>>>   from GIL's own headers.
>>>
>>> 2. Re-enable self containing header tests in CMake
>>>   https://github.com/boostorg/gil/pull/509
>>>
>>>   Minor correction to an incidental disabling of headers tests in CMake.
>>
>> Mateusz —
>>
>> Have these been committed to `develop`?
>> I don’t see that.
>
> Marshall,
>
> Sorry, I sent my request before merging the PRs to the develop.
> I've now merged.
>
>> P.S. You never need permission to land stuff in ‘develop'
>
> Yes, I'm aware. I just was late with merging to develop.
> This request I'm making here is about follow-up merge to master,

Once the tests have cycled, and you’re happy with the results, you can merge to master.

— Marshall

Re: [gil] Can I merge two minor fixes to header dependencies and tests for 1.7.4?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 at 21:10, Marshall Clow via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2020, at 12:09 PM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 at 20:58, Marshall Clow via Boost
> > <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> >> Mateusz —
> >>
> >> Have these been committed to `develop`?
> >> I don’t see that.
> >
> > Marshall,
> >
> > Sorry, I sent my request before merging the PRs to the develop.
> > I've now merged.
> >
> >> P.S. You never need permission to land stuff in ‘develop'
> >
> > Yes, I'm aware. I just was late with merging to develop.
> > This request I'm making here is about follow-up merge to master,
>
> Once the tests have cycled, and you’re happy with the results, you can merge to master.

Great, I will wait for the tests.

Thank you!