[filesystem] PR backlog needs attention

Boost - Dev mailing list
There are 29 open PRs going back 3 years.  This backlog needs some
attention.  Some of the pull requests (like documentation changes to fix
typos) are trivial.  I ran into a warning while building another library
that I found was already submitted as a fix in the PRs, but has missed the
1.68.0 release now.

Thanks,

Jim

Re: [filesystem] PR backlog needs attention

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 4:01 AM, James E. King III via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> There are 29 open PRs going back 3 years.  This backlog needs some
> attention.  Some of the pull requests (like documentation changes to fix
> typos) are trivial.  I ran into a warning while building another library
> that I found was already submitted as a fix in the PRs, but has missed the
> 1.68.0 release now.

I think it's ripe for CMT.

--
Olaf

Re: [filesystem] PR backlog needs attention

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 7:01 PM, James E. King III via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> There are 29 open PRs going back 3 years.  This backlog needs some
> attention.  Some of the pull requests (like documentation changes to fix
> typos) are trivial.  I ran into a warning while building another library
> that I found was already submitted as a fix in the PRs, but has missed the
> 1.68.0 release now.

Contact Beman, and see what he wants to do.

-- Marshall

Re: [filesystem] PR backlog needs attention

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 1:03 PM Marshall Clow via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 7:01 PM, James E. King III via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > There are 29 open PRs going back 3 years.  This backlog needs some
> > attention.  Some of the pull requests (like documentation changes to fix
> > typos) are trivial.  I ran into a warning while building another library
> > that I found was already submitted as a fix in the PRs, but has missed
> the
> > 1.68.0 release now.
> >

> Contact Beman, and see what he wants to do.

I thought Beman retired from all things C++ and Boost.

Rene.

Re: [filesystem] PR backlog needs attention

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 6:52 PM, Rene Rivera via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 1:03 PM Marshall Clow via Boost <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 7:01 PM, James E. King III via Boost <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > There are 29 open PRs going back 3 years.  This backlog needs some
> > > attention.  Some of the pull requests (like documentation changes to
> fix
> > > typos) are trivial.  I ran into a warning while building another
> library
> > > that I found was already submitted as a fix in the PRs, but has missed
> > the
> > > 1.68.0 release now.
> > >
> > Contact Beman, and see what he wants to do.
> >

> I thought Beman retired from all things C++ and Boost.

Beman has retired, but he's still around.
(He's registered for CppCon in September, for example)

We should find out what he wants to do with Boost.Filesystem.
(He would probably want to find someone to maintain it, but we should ask
him)

-- Marshall

Re: [filesystem] PR backlog needs attention

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 2:25 AM, Marshall Clow via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 6:52 PM, Rene Rivera via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 1:03 PM Marshall Clow via Boost <
>> [hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>> fix
>> library
>> > the
>> > >
>> > Contact Beman, and see what he wants to do.
>> >

>> I thought Beman retired from all things C++ and Boost.
>>

> Beman has retired, but he's still around.
> (He's registered for CppCon in September, for example)
>
> We should find out what he wants to do with Boost.Filesystem.
> (He would probably want to find someone to maintain it, but we should ask
> him)

Have we heard from Beman yet?

--
Olaf