[filesystem] Boost 1.66 fails to compile under Android NDK r16b

[filesystem] Boost 1.66 fails to compile under Android NDK r16b

Boost - Dev mailing list
I'm following a bug reported against boost filesystem here on github:
https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/issues/65

This issue has gone dead. Early on they asserted it was an NDK issue.
However, the NDK developers say it's a filesystem issue. I'm not able
to build Boost 1.66 with the following configuration:

Android NDK Version: r16b
Architecture: armeabi-v7a
API: 15
Toolchain: Clang
STL: libc++ (LLVM)

This is blocking my migration away from GNUSTL. Can anyone confirm
that this issue is being looked at? Either I'm the only one seeing
this, or my toolchain combination exposes the bug but not many people
build boost this way.

Re: [filesystem] Boost 1.66 fails to compile under Android NDK r16b

Boost - Dev mailing list
Same issue on my side

Android NDK Version: r16b
Architecture: armeabi-v7a
API: 19
Toolchain: Clang
STL: libc++ (LLVM)

On 03/02/18 10:17, David Callu via Boost wrote:

>> I'm following a bug reported against boost filesystem here on github:
>> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/issues/65
>>
>> This issue has gone dead. Early on they asserted it was an NDK issue.
>> However, the NDK developers say it's a filesystem issue. I'm not able
>> to build Boost 1.66 with the following configuration:
>>
>> Android NDK Version: r16b
>> Architecture: armeabi-v7a
>> API: 15
>> Toolchain: Clang
>> STL: libc++ (LLVM)
>>
>> This is blocking my migration away from GNUSTL. Can anyone confirm
>> that this issue is being looked at? Either I'm the only one seeing
>> this, or my toolchain combination exposes the bug but not many people
>> build boost this way.
>>
> Same issue on my side
>
> Android NDK Version: r16b
> Architecture: armeabi-v7a
> API: 19
> Toolchain: Clang
> STL: libc++ (LLVM)

Could you test if this PR fixes the problem?

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/pull/67

Re: [filesystem] Boost 1.66 fails to compile under Android NDK r16b

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 3:00 AM, Andrey Semashev via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Could you test if this PR fixes the problem?
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/pull/67

I have verified this fixes the issue. Please visit the corresponding
issue on github for more detail:

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/issues/65

Could we get this patched into 1.66.0? This is a critical issue that
will block usage of 1.66 for users that cross compile to the specific
platform configuration I'm using.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 9:23 AM, Robert Dailey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 3:00 AM, Andrey Semashev via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Could you test if this PR fixes the problem?
>>
>> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/pull/67
>
> I have verified this fixes the issue. Please visit the corresponding
> issue on github for more detail:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/issues/65
>
> Could we get this patched into 1.66.0? This is a critical issue that
> will block usage of 1.66 for users that cross compile to the specific
> platform configuration I'm using.

Can anyone confirm if this will be included in v1.67?