features with 'path' attribute

Boost - Build mailing list
Hello,

I'm looking for examples of how to use 'path' features properly, but
can't find any discussion of this in the docs. For example, if I
associate such a feature (e.g., <include>) with a target that has itself
a location, will the path be understood to be relative to the target ?

Any advice / help would be much appreciated,

        Stefan

Re: features with 'path' attribute

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 03/29/2017 09:38 AM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost-build wrote:

> I'm looking for examples of how to use 'path' features properly, but
> can't find any discussion of this in the docs. For example, if I
> associate such a feature (e.g., <include>) with a target that has itself
> a location, will the path be understood to be relative to the target ?

  path features are interpreted relative to
the Jamfile in which they appear.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

On 29.03.2017 12:07, Steven Watanabe via Boost-build wrote:

> AMDG
>
> On 03/29/2017 09:38 AM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost-build wrote:
>> I'm looking for examples of how to use 'path' features properly, but
>> can't find any discussion of this in the docs. For example, if I
>> associate such a feature (e.g., <include>) with a target that has itself
>> a location, will the path be understood to be relative to the target ?
>>
>   path features are interpreted relative to
> the Jamfile in which they appear.

Thanks !

        Stefan