doxygen

Boost - Build mailing list

Hello,

I'm trying to use the doxygen tool with b2, and I have a few questions:

Looking at the JAM code it seems the logic is laid out for the tool to generate a "doxyfile" from any parameters given to the `doxygen` rule, then invoke the "doxygen" executable with that.

How can I invoke doxygen (that is, the `doxygen` rule, not the executable) to use an existing doxyfile, instead of generating it ?

Thanks,

Stefan

Re: doxygen

Boost - Build mailing list
On 22 March 2018 at 04:19, Stefan Seefeld via Boost-build <[hidden email]> wrote:

How can I invoke doxygen (that is, the `doxygen` rule, not the executable) to use an existing doxyfile, instead of generating it ?

AFAICT, no existing Boost library with doxyfile does that and provide doxyfile
only to enable invocation of standalone doxygen, outside b2.
That tells me, this is not possible (at least, not without Jamfile hacks,
which I don't have a remote idea what those could look like).

What about simply going the Boost.Hana way:

d:\dev\boost\boost\libs\hana\doc>tail -n 10 Jamfile.v2

# Since Hana does not use BoostBook, it does not integrate into the global
# book containing the documentation of all Boost libraries. Per [1], we need
# to define this empty target to accommodate the build scripts.
#
alias boostdoc ;
explicit boostdoc ;
alias boostrelease : hana-doc ;