docbook on the wiki?

Janek Kozicki
Hi, the homepage of this mailing list:

Says: "There is an associated Wiki"

I click the wiki and I see that boost documentation is written in DocBook,
in "The Graphical Overview". wtf?

Aren't we switching to quickbook, huh? =:-)

--
Janek Kozicki                                                         |

Re: docbook on the wiki?

Matias Capeletto
On 6/20/07, Janek Kozicki <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, the homepage of this mailing list:

> Says: "There is an associated Wiki"
>
> I click the wiki and I see that boost documentation is written in DocBook,
> in "The Graphical Overview". wtf?
>
> Aren't we switching to quickbook, huh? =:-)

If we continue to add more resources to the docs project we may have
the power to force a switch to lists.boost.org where this list
belongs.

I have created a wiki here:
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ImprovingBoostDocs

Best regards
Matias

Re: docbook on the wiki?

David Abrahams

on Wed Jun 20 2007, "Matias Capeletto" <matias.capeletto-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> If we continue to add more resources to the docs project we may have
> the power to force a switch to lists.boost.org where this list
> belongs.

I don't think there's any relationship between the two, and "forcing"
isn't necessary.  It's just a matter of making the right requests and
people finding the time.

Does a switch to lists.boost.org offer any real advantages that make
it worthwhile?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Re: docbook on the wiki?

Matias Capeletto
On 7/2/07, David Abrahams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> on Wed Jun 20 2007, "Matias Capeletto" <matias.capeletto-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If we continue to add more resources to the docs project we may have
> > the power to force a switch to lists.boost.org where this list
> > belongs.
>
> I don't think there's any relationship between the two, and "forcing"
> isn't necessary.  It's just a matter of making the right requests and
> people finding the time.

You are probably right. I have send some mails about this to the list
and John Maddock send some too, but nobody answer. Maybe I was not
asking the correct person.

> Does a switch to lists.boost.org offer any real advantages that make
> it worthwhile?

The list was down for three days short ago because of sourceforge
problems. That was what make me want it to be in list.boost.org.
Apart from that, I like to have related resources together, and I do
not see a reason for this list to be left behind in sourceforge,
except for the obvious one of having to work to translate it :)

Best regards
Matias