dev branches

David Bellot
Hi devs,

I want to reduce the number of development branches and start merging features that you guys develop into the main dev branch for the future Boost 1.57.

I need to know who has a branch and is a candidate, ready for inclusion, into the next version.

Cheers,
David

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: dev branches

Nasos Iliopoulos
David,
the develop branch in boostorg/ublas is stable (http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/numeric-ublas.html). There are still some pending issues with windows but they have been there forever so there is no big rush.

I suggest the following:

I  think the only branch that has not been merged into ublas/develop is):
https://github.com/uBLAS/ublas/tree/ublas_feature0011_mvrange_interface_t7411
please verify.

Also the process to get to boostorg is:

move from ublas/ublas to boostorg/ublas through a pull request:
... -> ublas/ublas/develop -> boostorg/ublas/develop

(wait a few days for the regression tests to run on develop)

and finally merge into boostorg/master:
boostorg/ublas/develop -> boostorg/ublas/master

For the last step  there should be a LOT of changes so let me know so that I can do a test merge after things are in boostorg/develop and before merging into boostorg/master.

-Nasos

On 09/13/2014 03:58 AM, David Bellot wrote:
Hi devs,

I want to reduce the number of development branches and start merging features that you guys develop into the main dev branch for the future Boost 1.57.

I need to know who has a branch and is a candidate, ready for inclusion, into the next version.

Cheers,
David

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: dev branches

Nasos Iliopoulos
David,
I merged Joaquim's pull (ublas feature0011 mvrange interface ) into ublas/develop. There where some minor merge conflicts that got resolved. I think ublas/develop is almost ready now.

I made a pull request of ublas/develop to boostorg/develop (ublas_upstream) and  I see that there are some more conflicts because boostorg/develop also changed (although we should avoid this as much as possible in order to eliminate those types of conflicts).

Here is a test merge from boostorg/develop into ublas/develop:

CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in doc/index.html
CONFLICT (modify/delete): doc/index.htm deleted in HEAD and modified in ublas_upstream/develop. Version ublas_upstream/develop of doc/index.htm left in tree.
Auto-merging doc/html/index.html
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in doc/html/index.html
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

It seems that the conflicts are in the docs. Do you think you can resolve them?

-Nasos

On 09/13/2014 03:58 AM, David Bellot wrote:
Hi devs,

I want to reduce the number of development branches and start merging features that you guys develop into the main dev branch for the future Boost 1.57.

I need to know who has a branch and is a candidate, ready for inclusion, into the next version.

Cheers,
David

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: dev branches

Joaquim Duran
The development of the branch 'ublas feature0011 mvrange interface'
was already finished (including cbegin, cend et al member functions).
The only issue is that the documentation of classes should be
improved.

Joaquim Duran

> David,
> I merged Joaquim's pull (ublas feature0011 mvrange interface ) into
> ublas/develop. There where some minor merge conflicts that got resolved. I
> think ublas/develop is almost ready now.
>
> I made a pull request of ublas/develop to boostorg/develop (ublas_upstream)
> and  I see that there are some more conflicts because boostorg/develop also
> changed (although we should avoid this as much as possible in order to
> eliminate those types of conflicts).
>
> Here is a test merge from boostorg/develop into ublas/develop:
>
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in doc/index.html
> CONFLICT (modify/delete): doc/index.htm deleted in HEAD and modified in
> ublas_upstream/develop. Version ublas_upstream/develop of doc/index.htm left
> in tree.
> Auto-merging doc/html/index.html
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in doc/html/index.html
> Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
>
> It seems that the conflicts are in the docs. Do you think you can resolve
> them?
>
> -Nasos
>

> On 09/13/2014 03:58 AM, David Bellot wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> I want to reduce the number of development branches and start merging
> features that you guys develop into the main dev branch for the future Boost
> 1.57.
>
> I need to know who has a branch and is a candidate, ready for inclusion,
> into the next version.
>
> Cheers,
> David

> Sent to: [hidden email]

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: dev branches

Joaquim Duran
With the merge of the branch 'feature0011 mvrange interface' in
develop, a new test has been added so I'll merge the develop branch
with 'feature0010 ide dev support' to build the new test program.

Are there any inconvenient?

Joaquim Duran

> The development of the branch 'ublas feature0011 mvrange interface'
> was already finished (including cbegin, cend et al member functions).
> The only issue is that the documentation of classes should be
> improved.
>
> Joaquim Duran

>> David,
>> I merged Joaquim's pull (ublas feature0011 mvrange interface ) into
>> ublas/develop. There where some minor merge conflicts that got resolved. I
>> think ublas/develop is almost ready now.
>>
>> I made a pull request of ublas/develop to boostorg/develop (ublas_upstream)
>> and  I see that there are some more conflicts because boostorg/develop also
>> changed (although we should avoid this as much as possible in order to
>> eliminate those types of conflicts).
>>
>> Here is a test merge from boostorg/develop into ublas/develop:
>>
>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in doc/index.html
>> CONFLICT (modify/delete): doc/index.htm deleted in HEAD and modified in
>> ublas_upstream/develop. Version ublas_upstream/develop of doc/index.htm left
>> in tree.
>> Auto-merging doc/html/index.html
>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in doc/html/index.html
>> Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
>>
>> It seems that the conflicts are in the docs. Do you think you can resolve
>> them?
>>
>> -Nasos
>>

>> On 09/13/2014 03:58 AM, David Bellot wrote:
>>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> I want to reduce the number of development branches and start merging
>> features that you guys develop into the main dev branch for the future Boost
>> 1.57.
>>
>> I need to know who has a branch and is a candidate, ready for inclusion,
>> into the next version.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David

>> Sent to: [hidden email]

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: dev branches

Nasos Iliopoulos
Yes, this is fine.

I would just like to note that  ide dev support is not used for building
atm. It just there  for easier development  and supports qtcreator only.
We could add build rules in there to use boost-build if this would be
easier for some to work with ublas development.

-Nasos

On 09/25/2014 08:37 PM, Joaquim Duran wrote:

> With the merge of the branch 'feature0011 mvrange interface' in
> develop, a new test has been added so I'll merge the develop branch
> with 'feature0010 ide dev support' to build the new test program.
>
> Are there any inconvenient?
>
> Joaquim Duran

>> The development of the branch 'ublas feature0011 mvrange interface'
>> was already finished (including cbegin, cend et al member functions).
>> The only issue is that the documentation of classes should be
>> improved.
>>
>> Joaquim Duran

>>> David,
>>> I merged Joaquim's pull (ublas feature0011 mvrange interface ) into
>>> ublas/develop. There where some minor merge conflicts that got resolved. I
>>> think ublas/develop is almost ready now.
>>>
>>> I made a pull request of ublas/develop to boostorg/develop (ublas_upstream)
>>> and  I see that there are some more conflicts because boostorg/develop also
>>> changed (although we should avoid this as much as possible in order to
>>> eliminate those types of conflicts).
>>>
>>> Here is a test merge from boostorg/develop into ublas/develop:
>>>
>>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in doc/index.html
>>> CONFLICT (modify/delete): doc/index.htm deleted in HEAD and modified in
>>> ublas_upstream/develop. Version ublas_upstream/develop of doc/index.htm left
>>> in tree.
>>> Auto-merging doc/html/index.html
>>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in doc/html/index.html
>>> Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
>>>
>>> It seems that the conflicts are in the docs. Do you think you can resolve
>>> them?
>>>
>>> -Nasos
>>>

>>> On 09/13/2014 03:58 AM, David Bellot wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi devs,
>>>
>>> I want to reduce the number of development branches and start merging
>>> features that you guys develop into the main dev branch for the future Boost
>>> 1.57.
>>>
>>> I need to know who has a branch and is a candidate, ready for inclusion,
>>> into the next version.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> David

>>> Sent to: [hidden email]