[date_time] Eliminate pre-1.33.0 io facet code?

[date_time] Eliminate pre-1.33.0 io facet code?

Boost - Dev mailing list
There was a bug change around the 1.33.0 release timeframe that added new
io facet handling for date_time.  It is conditionally disabled using the
definition USE_DATE_TIME_PRE_1_33_FACET_IO.  I suggested in a github issue
that the pre-1.33 mode be removed at this point.  Any thoughts on that?

https://github.com/boostorg/date_time/issues/61

- Jim

Re: [date_time] Eliminate pre-1.33.0 io facet code?

Boost - Dev mailing list
James E. King, III wrote:
> There was a bug change around the 1.33.0 release timeframe that added new
> io facet handling for date_time.  It is conditionally disabled using the
> definition USE_DATE_TIME_PRE_1_33_FACET_IO.  I suggested in a github issue
> that the pre-1.33 mode be removed at this point.  Any thoughts on that?
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/date_time/issues/61

Judging by

https://github.com/boostorg/date_time/blob/develop/include/boost/date_time/compiler_config.hpp#L15

I'd say that USE_DATE_TIME_PRE_1_33_FACET_IO is very much obsolete by now.

Of course, to pass the cost/benefit analysis, this removal would need to
bring some benefits, however minimal.