database access library in boost?

Boost - Users mailing list
Dear list,

I was wondering, why there is no database access library in boost? (am
I wrong?)
It seems an imporant feature to not-have in a such library collection,
so there must be a reason.

Is there some "official" raccomandation? Soci, cppdb?

Your faithfully,
Paolo

Re: database access library in boost?

Boost - Users mailing list
Paolo Bolzoni via Boost-users 2017-05-09 18:07:
> Dear list,
>
> I was wondering, why there is no database access library in boost? (am
> I wrong?)
> It seems an imporant feature to not-have in a such library collection,
> so there must be a reason.
>
> Is there some "official" raccomandation?

No.

sqlpp11: https://github.com/rbock/sqlpp11

--
Regards, niXman

On 09/05/2017 16:07, Paolo Bolzoni via Boost-users wrote:
> I was wondering, why there is no database access library in boost? (am
> I wrong?)
> It seems an imporant feature to not-have in a such library collection,
> so there must be a reason.

Simple: Nobody has proposed one for entry into Boost yet.

Some Boost devs have implemented one, but none yet is willing to invest
the considerable effort of getting one into Boost. It's a lot of work
taking a mature open source ready library used by thousands into a form
which Boost will accept. Many, if not most, authors are unwilling to
invest that effort when their library already solves their personal need.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting