cuda.jam

Pete Bartlett-3
Hello Boost.Builders,

I am interested in integrating nvidia cuda compilation into our Boost.Build system. I see from a previous posts (e.g.
http://lists.boost.org/boost-build/2008/07/19741.php) that this has been attempted before. Noel Belcourt even references a cuda.jam in a recent post (http://lists.boost.org/boost-build/2009/11/22687.php). I imagine this cuda.jam defines a cuda toolset - however I don't believe it is in a release of Boost. Is there a copy of that toolset file that can be made publicly available? Or if not, does  anyone have any tips for creating my own?

Thanks very much in advance for any help,
Pete Bartlett

Re: cuda.jam

Emil Dotchevski-3
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:56 AM, Pete Bartlett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Boost.Builders,
>
> I am interested in integrating nvidia cuda compilation into our Boost.Build
> system. I see from a previous posts (e.g.
> http://lists.boost.org/boost-build/2008/07/19741.php) that this has been
> attempted before. Noel Belcourt even references a cuda.jam in a recent post
> (http://lists.boost.org/boost-build/2009/11/22687.php). I imagine this
> cuda.jam defines a cuda toolset - however I don't believe it is in a release
> of Boost. Is there a copy of that toolset file that can be made publicly
> available? Or if not, does  anyone have any tips for creating my own?
I don't know bjam well enough to write a proper nvcc.jam file but I
managed to hack my way to something working, see attachment. There are
some hardcoded paths that you'll have to change, plus I find myself
occasionally editing the jam file to tweak the nvcc options --
obviously it'd be much better if they can be changed directly from the
Jamfiles.

HTH,
Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.

nvcc.jam (2K) Download Attachment

Re: cuda.jam

Belcourt, Kenneth

On Dec 1, 2009, at 12:10 PM, Emil Dotchevski wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:56 AM, Pete Bartlett
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Boost.Builders,
>>
>> I am interested in integrating nvidia cuda compilation into our
>> Boost.Build
>> system. I see from a previous posts (e.g.
>> http://lists.boost.org/boost-build/2008/07/19741.php) that this
>> has been
>> attempted before. Noel Belcourt even references a cuda.jam in a
>> recent post
>> (http://lists.boost.org/boost-build/2009/11/22687.php). I imagine
>> this
>> cuda.jam defines a cuda toolset - however I don't believe it is in
>> a release
>> of Boost. Is there a copy of that toolset file that can be made
>> publicly
>> available? Or if not, does  anyone have any tips for creating my own?
>
> I don't know bjam well enough to write a proper nvcc.jam file but I
> managed to hack my way to something working, see attachment. There are
> some hardcoded paths that you'll have to change, plus I find myself
> occasionally editing the jam file to tweak the nvcc options --
> obviously it'd be much better if they can be changed directly from the
> Jamfiles.
PIggybacking on here.  Not sure my effort is any better but you're
free to use it if it helps.

You'll need something like this in your user-config.jam

using cuda
   : 2.2
   : nvcc
   ;

-- Noel

cuda.jam (674 bytes) Download Attachment
cuda.jam (6K) Download Attachment

Re: cuda.jam

Pete Bartlett-3
> [snip two cuda.jams]

Thank you both for sharing these, I am sure they will save me a lot of work and head-scratching. If I make any improvements I'll re-share to the list.

Pete

Re: cuda.jam

stevej
This file was posted quite a while ago with a number of cautions/disclaimers.

Has anything more robust been produced since for using bjam to build CUDA applications?