converting a string to base64

Does anyone know of an open source boost.iostreams filter that will convert a string (either std::string, or std::wstring) to/from base64?

I know there is some code within beest, but wondered whether this had been wrapped? Similarly, I know that there were issues with boost.serialization’s base64 code (from memory, I don’t think it padded correctly) and don’t think there was a filter for this either.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards

Sean.

Re: converting a string to base64

Boost - Users mailing list
On 2/7/19 11:46 AM, Sean Farrow via Boost-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of an open source boost.iostreams filter that will
> convert a string (either std::string, or std::wstring) to/from base64?
>
> I know there is some code within beest, but wondered whether this had
> been wrapped? Similarly, I know that there were issues with
> boost.serialization’s base64 code (from memory, I don’t think it padded
> correctly) and don’t think there was a filter for this either.
>
> Any help appreciated.

There is code with documentation in the boost serialization library to
do this.

> Kind regards
>
> Sean.

Re: converting a string to base64

Boost - Users mailing list
Hi Robert,

Could you please provide a link to the specific docs that show this as I can't seem to find anything.
Kind regards
Sean.

On 2/7/19 11:46 AM, Sean Farrow via Boost-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of an open source boost.iostreams filter that will
> convert a string (either std::string, or std::wstring) to/from base64?
>
> I know there is some code within beest, but wondered whether this had
> been wrapped? Similarly, I know that there were issues with
> boost.serialization's base64 code (from memory, I don't think it
> padded
> correctly) and don't think there was a filter for this either.
>
> Any help appreciated.

There is code with documentation in the boost serialization library to do this.

> Kind regards
>
> Sean.

Re: converting a string to base64

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 11:47 AM Sean Farrow via Boost-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I know there is some code within beest, but wondered whether this had been wrapped?

1. It hasn't be wrapped (to my knowledge)

2. The Beast code is not a public interface (it is in a detail:: namespace).

Feel free to follow the license and use the code, but don't depend on
including the file <boost/beast/core/detail/base64.hpp> directly since
that is not public.

Regards