[context] test on Mac OS X requested

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[context] test on Mac OS X requested

Oliver Kowalke-2
I've uploaded boost.context 0.6.4 - unfortunately I've no Mac OS X
installation and  I hope someone can test the lib on the Mac platform:

ucontext_t:
bjam toolset=gcc --debug-building

fcontext_t on i386:
bjam toolset=gcc architecture=x86 instruction-set=i686 address-model=32
context-impl=asm --debug-building

fcontext_t on x86_64:
bjam toolset=gcc architecture=x86 instruction-set=yorksfield
address-model=64 context-impl=asm --debug-building

thx,
Oliver
_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [context] test on Mac OS X requested

Gregory Crosswhite
I glanced around the sandbox and the vault but I couldn't find it.  
Could you post a link where it can be downloaded?

Thanks,
Greg

On 2/7/11 9:09 AM, Oliver Kowalke wrote:

> I've uploaded boost.context 0.6.4 - unfortunately I've no Mac OS X
> installation and  I hope someone can test the lib on the Mac platform:
>
> ucontext_t:
> bjam toolset=gcc --debug-building
>
> fcontext_t on i386:
> bjam toolset=gcc architecture=x86 instruction-set=i686
> address-model=32 context-impl=asm --debug-building
>
> fcontext_t on x86_64:
> bjam toolset=gcc architecture=x86 instruction-set=yorksfield
> address-model=64 context-impl=asm --debug-building
>
> thx,
> Oliver
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes:
> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [context] test on Mac OS X requested

Daniel Larimer
I would like to know where there is a svn/git repo for this code.  It would make it much easier to collaborate.

On Feb 7, 2011, at 5:58 PM, Gregory Crosswhite wrote:

> I glanced around the sandbox and the vault but I couldn't find it.  Could you post a link where it can be downloaded?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg
>
> On 2/7/11 9:09 AM, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
>> I've uploaded boost.context 0.6.4 - unfortunately I've no Mac OS X installation and  I hope someone can test the lib on the Mac platform:
>>
>> ucontext_t:
>> bjam toolset=gcc --debug-building
>>
>> fcontext_t on i386:
>> bjam toolset=gcc architecture=x86 instruction-set=i686 address-model=32 context-impl=asm --debug-building
>>
>> fcontext_t on x86_64:
>> bjam toolset=gcc architecture=x86 instruction-set=yorksfield address-model=64 context-impl=asm --debug-building
>>
>> thx,
>> Oliver
>> _______________________________________________
>> Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [context] test on Mac OS X requested

Daniel Larimer
In reply to this post by Oliver Kowalke-2

On Feb 7, 2011, at 12:09 PM, Oliver Kowalke wrote:

> I've uploaded boost.context 0.6.4 - unfortunately I've no Mac OS X installation and  I hope someone can test the lib on the Mac platform:
>
> ucontext_t:
> bjam toolset=gcc --debug-building
>
> fcontext_t on i386:
> bjam toolset=gcc architecture=x86 instruction-set=i686 address-model=32 context-impl=asm --debug-building
>
> fcontext_t on x86_64:
> bjam toolset=gcc architecture=x86 instruction-set=yorksfield address-model=64 context-impl=asm --debug-building
>
> thx,
> Oliver


I am still having problems with bjam, but from what I can tell these are the commands that should build your example by hand.  Perhaps there is something I am missing about the commands I need to pass to gcc.  

I get the same results with:  g++ -o link example/link.cpp src/asm/fcontext_x86_64_sysv_macho_gas.S src/protected_stack_posix.cpp -I../..

 gcc -c -o fctx.o src/asm/fcontext_x86_64_sysv_macho_gas.S
 g++ -c -o protected_stack_posix.o src/protected_stack_posix.cpp -I../..
 g++ -o link example/link.cpp protected_stack_posix.o fctx.o -I../..

Undefined symbols:
  "_make_fcontext", referenced from:
      boost::contexts::context<boost::contexts::protected_stack>::context(void (*)(void*), boost::contexts::context<boost::contexts::protected_stack>&, void*, boost::rv<boost::contexts::protected_stack>&)in ccW4I8zo.o
  "_swap_fcontext", referenced from:
      boost::contexts::context<boost::contexts::protected_stack>::jump_to(boost::contexts::context<boost::contexts::protected_stack>&)in ccW4I8zo.o
  "_get_fcontext", referenced from:
      boost::contexts::context<boost::contexts::protected_stack>::context(void (*)(void*), boost::contexts::context<boost::contexts::protected_stack>&, void*, boost::rv<boost::contexts::protected_stack>&)in ccW4I8zo.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status







> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [context] test on Mac OS X requested

Vicente Botet
In reply to this post by Daniel Larimer
Daniel Larimer wrote
I would like to know where there is a svn/git repo for this code.  It would make it much easier to collaborate.

On Feb 7, 2011, at 5:58 PM, Gregory Crosswhite wrote:

> I glanced around the sandbox and the vault but I couldn't find it.  Could you post a link where it can be downloaded?
http://gitorious.org/~k-oli/boost-dev/k-olis-boost

Vicente
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [context] test on Mac OS X requested

Oliver Kowalke-2
In reply to this post by Gregory Crosswhite
Am 07.02.2011 23:58, schrieb Gregory Crosswhite:
> I glanced around the sandbox and the vault but I couldn't find it. Could
> you post a link where it can be downloaded?

It is available in this directory

http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=deletefile&filename=boost.context-0.6.3.zip&directory=Concurrent%20Programming&

regards, Oliver

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [context] test on Mac OS X requested

Oliver Kowalke-2
In reply to this post by Daniel Larimer
Am 08.02.2011 02:59, schrieb Daniel Larimer:

>
> On Feb 7, 2011, at 12:09 PM, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
>
>> I've uploaded boost.context 0.6.4 - unfortunately I've no Mac OS X installation and  I hope someone can test the lib on the Mac platform:
>>
>> ucontext_t:
>> bjam toolset=gcc --debug-building
>>
>> fcontext_t on i386:
>> bjam toolset=gcc architecture=x86 instruction-set=i686 address-model=32 context-impl=asm --debug-building
>>
>> fcontext_t on x86_64:
>> bjam toolset=gcc architecture=x86 instruction-set=yorksfield address-model=64 context-impl=asm --debug-building
>>
>> thx,
>> Oliver
>
>
> I am still having problems with bjam, but from what I can tell these are the commands that should build your example by hand.  Perhaps there is something I am missing about the commands I need to pass to gcc.
>
> I get the same results with:  g++ -o link example/link.cpp src/asm/fcontext_x86_64_sysv_macho_gas.S src/protected_stack_posix.cpp -I../..
>
>   gcc -c -o fctx.o src/asm/fcontext_x86_64_sysv_macho_gas.S
>   g++ -c -o protected_stack_posix.o src/protected_stack_posix.cpp -I../..
>   g++ -o link example/link.cpp protected_stack_posix.o fctx.o -I../..
>
> Undefined symbols:
>    "_make_fcontext", referenced from:
>        boost::contexts::context<boost::contexts::protected_stack>::context(void (*)(void*), boost::contexts::context<boost::contexts::protected_stack>&, void*, boost::rv<boost::contexts::protected_stack>&)in ccW4I8zo.o
>    "_swap_fcontext", referenced from:
>        boost::contexts::context<boost::contexts::protected_stack>::jump_to(boost::contexts::context<boost::contexts::protected_stack>&)in ccW4I8zo.o
>    "_get_fcontext", referenced from:
>        boost::contexts::context<boost::contexts::protected_stack>::context(void (*)(void*), boost::contexts::context<boost::contexts::protected_stack>&, void*, boost::rv<boost::contexts::protected_stack>&)in ccW4I8zo.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

strange on my linux x86_64 system I get it compiled without linker errors:

g++ -o link example/link.cpp src/asm/fcontext_x86_64_sysv_elf_gas.S
src/protected_stack_posix.cpp -I ../../

I found in the INet following:
'Mac OS S requires yout to prefix all your libc method name with "_".
Most code sample in Unix world don't have this constraint.'

May this be the reason? Especially because I don't declare fcontext-t
functions (make_fcontext(), swap_fcontext() etc.) with a leading underscore.

Sorry - I've no experience with Mac OS X. Maybe someone can help?

Oliver
_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost