[config] defect macro for chrono literals

[config] defect macro for chrono literals

Boost - Dev mailing list
boost.config defines BOOST_NO_CXX11_USER_DEFINED_LITERALS but I believe
this defect macro could not be used for detecting chrono literals support.

Should the new BOOST_NO_CXX14_CHRONO_LITERALS depend on the compiler or
stdlib version?
AFAIK chrono literals are available since gcc-4.9.3 (clang?, intel?, msvc?).

Oliver

Re: [config] defect macro for chrono literals

Boost - Dev mailing list

On 14/04/2017 11:09, Oliver Kowalke via Boost wrote:
> boost.config defines BOOST_NO_CXX11_USER_DEFINED_LITERALS but I believe
> this defect macro could not be used for detecting chrono literals support.
>
> Should the new BOOST_NO_CXX14_CHRONO_LITERALS depend on the compiler or
> stdlib version?
> AFAIK chrono literals are available since gcc-4.9.3 (clang?, intel?, msvc?).

It's a bit of both - certainly it's a std lib feature, but it's also
dependent on the compiler being in C++14 mode I assume?

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: [config] defect macro for chrono literals

> On 14/04/2017 11:09, Oliver Kowalke via Boost wrote:
>
>> boost.config defines BOOST_NO_CXX11_USER_DEFINED_LITERALS but I believe
>> this defect macro could not be used for detecting chrono literals support.
>>
>> Should the new BOOST_NO_CXX14_CHRONO_LITERALS depend on the compiler or
>> stdlib version?
>> AFAIK chrono literals are available since gcc-4.9.3 (clang?, intel?,
>> msvc?).
>>

> It's a bit of both - certainly it's a std lib feature, but it's also
> dependent on the compiler being in C++14 mode I assume?

I'd like to make the defect macro depend on the compiler version - gcc got
a fix in gcc-4.9.3 that made the chrono literals useable
and stdlib configs in boost.config do not specify/use patch levels as the
compiler configs do.