compiling for msvc arm64

Boost - Build mailing list
Hi all,
  I was intending to compile boost for msvc arm64.
  When I execute the following command,
b2 toolset=msvc architecture=arm64 address-model=64
  I get an error saying that arm64 is not an valid architecture. Can someone pls point me to the correct way to build arm64 with msvc v141?
Thanks.

Re: compiling for msvc arm64

Boost - Build mailing list

On 03/12/2019 08:49, ethn v via Boost-build wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I was intending to compile boost for msvc arm64.
>   When I execute the following command,
> b2 toolset=msvc architecture=arm64 address-model=64
>   I get an error saying that arm64 is not an valid architecture. Can
> someone pls point me to the correct way to build arm64 with msvc v141?

The "obvious" variation:

b2 toolset=msvc architecture=arm address-model=64

appears to work, though it doesn't, so far as I can tell, inject any
/arch= options to the compiler, so I guess you'd probably better make
sure that the arm64 cross compiler is in your path when invoking b2 (but
I might be wrong on that).

BTW the error message when specifying arm64 as the architecture is:

error: "arm64" is not a known value of feature <architecture>
error: legal values: "x86" "ia64" "sparc" "power" "mips1" "mips2"
"mips3" "mips4" "mips32" "mips32r2" "mips64" "parisc" "arm" "riscv"
"s390x" "combined" "combined-x86-power"

which sort of provides a clue I think ;)

HTH, John.

Re: [EXTERNAL] compiling for msvc arm64

Boost - Build mailing list

You should be able to build msvc ARM64 with

architecture=arm address-model=64

so long as you’re using B2 4.0+.

Thanks
Marc

Re: [EXTERNAL] compiling for msvc arm64

Boost - Build mailing list
Thanks for the pointers,
Not all the libraries build in arm64, (but the libs I need did build fine).
Just attaching the errors.
Thanks.

boost-a64-logs.txt (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [EXTERNAL] compiling for msvc arm64

Boost - Build mailing list
Hi,

> Not all the libraries build in arm64, (but the libs I need did build fine).

Did you build them on an arm64 system, or use a cross-compiler?

For me, building with

vcvarsall.bat amd64
bootstrap.bat
vcvarsall.bat amd64_arm64
b2 architecture=arm address-model=64 ...

hangs, as the build process attempts to execute an arm64 binary, which
opens a dialog "not a valid Win32 application" and waits for the user to
acknowledge.

   Simon