command-line handling

Boost - Testing mailing list

Hello,

this is a question concerning the Boost.Test framework. I hope this is the right place for this...

I'd like to pass command-line arguments to my tests, and I'm unsure of how to proceed. I have found https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_68_0/libs/test/doc/html/boost_test/adv_scenarios/obsolete_init_func.html, which shows how to access the command-line programmatically, but that's declared obsolete, and it's also lacking some important info, such as how I should handle the argv vector. Are there any examples that demonstrate this use case ? Specifically:

* What (non-deprecated) API can I use to access command-line arguments during test initialization ?

* How does my own handling of command-line arguments interact with Boost.Test's own command-line argument handling ?

Thanks,

Stefan

Re: command-line handling

Boost - Testing mailing list
On 09/09/18 22:43, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

Hello,

this is a question concerning the Boost.Test framework. I hope this is the right place for this...

I'd like to pass command-line arguments to my tests, and I'm unsure of how to proceed. I have found https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_68_0/libs/test/doc/html/boost_test/adv_scenarios/obsolete_init_func.html, which shows how to access the command-line programmatically, but that's declared obsolete, and it's also lacking some important info, such as how I should handle the argv vector. Are there any examples that demonstrate this use case ? Specifically:

* What (non-deprecated) API can I use to access command-line arguments during test initialization ?

* How does my own handling of command-line arguments interact with Boost.Test's own command-line argument handling ?

Ping ? Is this the right place to ask these questions ?

Thanks,

Stefan

Re: command-line handling

Boost - Testing mailing list
AMDG

On 09/11/2018 04:06 PM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost-Testing wrote:
> On 09/09/18 22:43, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>

> Ping ? Is this the right place to ask these questions ?

It isn't.  Boost.Test has no dedicated list.  This
list is for questions regarding the run.py system.
https://www.boost.org/development/testing.html

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: command-line handling

Boost - Testing mailing list
On 09/11/18 18:17, Steven Watanabe via Boost-Testing wrote:
AMDG

On 09/11/2018 04:06 PM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost-Testing wrote:
On 09/09/18 22:43, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
<snip>

Ping ? Is this the right place to ask these questions ?

It isn't.  Boost.Test has no dedicated list.  This
list is for questions regarding the run.py system.
https://www.boost.org/development/testing.html

Oh, I see. Sorry for the noise, then. I'll repost on the main list.

Regards,

Stefan