class operators/template problem with boost.python

class operators/template problem with boost.python

Marc Janz
Hello everyone,

i am new to Python and Boost.Python and trying to build a python module from an existing C++ Library.
I managed to wrap some code but came to a problem exposing operators for the following class, in example the python __add__ method (operator+):

class operand{
friend operand& operator+(operand&, operand&);
template friend operand& operator+(operand& Left, const scalar& r);
};

Note that the parameters are not consts. Unfortunately it was not possible to use

"operand_exposer.def( bp::self * bp::self );"

for wrapping. From the error message i get on compiling, i guess it doesnt know which function to use and/or needs functions defined for each datatype i want to use with the template:

error: no matching function for call to ‘operand::operand(const operand&)’
note: candidates are: ....

How could i get this to work? Btw. I am not able/allowed to modify the existing C++ code. Thanks for your help.

Marc