change of administrator

Toon Knapen-3
Dear list,

I would like to inform you that Karl is taken over from me as
administrator of the glas mailing-list.

We started the glas-project a few years ago because we are convinced of
the need for a generic BLAS. We also intended to start a research
project in the EC's 6th framework but unfortunately the EU lost interest
in HPC and parallel computing.

This made that Glas was an after-hours project for me. However, I am now
moving to the world of supercomputing in the financial world and will
not be able to devote much time on this project anymore.

I would like to wish good luck to Karl and hope to see all of you soon
again.

toon

Re: change of administrator

Karl Meerbergen-2
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Toon for the time he
spent on starting up GLAS.

The first two years were very hard and frustrating since we did not make
any progress. I have the feeling, however, that this was not a waste,
since we learned a lot and the (almost) daily discussions with Toon were
very inspiring for the way GLAS is evolving now.

Without Toon's ideas and knowledge of C++, the GLAS project would not
have existed. I think the project now is on the right track. So, Toon,
thank you!

Toon told me that he will continue following the project from the
mailing list, so, we may meet again some time, some place.

I wish you good luck in your new environment.

Best,

Karl

Toon Knapen wrote:

>Dear list,
>
>I would like to inform you that Karl is taken over from me as
>administrator of the glas mailing-list.
>
>We started the glas-project a few years ago because we are convinced of
>the need for a generic BLAS. We also intended to start a research
>project in the EC's 6th framework but unfortunately the EU lost interest
>in HPC and parallel computing.
>
>This made that Glas was an after-hours project for me. However, I am now
>moving to the world of supercomputing in the financial world and will
>not be able to devote much time on this project anymore.
>
>I would like to wish good luck to Karl and hope to see all of you soon
>again.
>
>toon

Karl.Meerbergen.vcf (417 bytes) Download Attachment