building boost libraries with pdb files under windows

building boost libraries with pdb files under windows

Is there a way to build boost libraries with PDB files under visual C++ 2017?

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards
Sean.

Re: building boost libraries with pdb files under windows

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Sean!

Am 08.02.2019 um 13:05 schrieb Sean Farrow via Boost:

> Is there a way to build boost libraries with PDB files under visual C++ 2017?

Well, I am generating PDBs for a couple of years now using a slightly
modified msvc.jam (see
https://github.com/DanielaE/boost.build/commits/vc). Unfortunatly, this
is just a hack that happens to work well enough for my use-case and
requires an additional step to collect the PDBs from the build tree to
the stage directory using some script. Putting more effort into this
isn't economical for at most three distribution build per year.

Ciao,
  Dani