boost::python problem with std::string

Sergey Makovkin
    Hello!

I am developing the engine for an RPG game and want to use Boost.python in
it. But I have a problem. When I call a C++ function with std::string
argument (or const std::string& ) from python, boost.python crashes! I don't
know what to do and I hope you can help me.

Here is a link to the source code which demonstrates the problem:
http://www.powerfly.ru/bug.zip
To compile it, you need MS Visual Studio 2005, Python 2.4 and Boost.Python
1.33 or later.

--
Sergey A. Makovkin

Re: boost::python problem with std::string

David Abrahams
"Sergey Makovkin" <[hidden email]> writes:

>     Hello!
>
> I am developing the engine for an RPG game and want to use Boost.python in
> it. But I have a problem. When I call a C++ function with std::string
> argument (or const std::string& ) from python, boost.python crashes! I don't
> know what to do and I hope you can help me.
>
> Here is a link to the source code which demonstrates the problem:
> http://www.powerfly.ru/bug.zip
> To compile it, you need MS Visual Studio 2005, Python 2.4 and Boost.Python
> 1.33 or later.

Sergey,

you're in the wrong group for this question.  Please try
http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm#cplussig

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting