boost python extensions & <dll-path> on HPUX/AIX ?

boost python extensions & <dll-path> on HPUX/AIX ?

Avi Bahra
I have built boost python  extension. I have used the <dll-path>
to embed the path to boost python shared library.
This avoids users of my extension from having to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH when using my extension

python-extension ecflow : [ glob src/*.cpp ]
    :   <dll-path>$(PYTHON_INSTALL_DIR)
    ;

In my Jamroot.jam:

install install-py
        : Pyext//ecflow
        : <install-dependencies>on
          <install-type>PYTHON_EXTENSION
          <install-type>SHARED_LIB
          <dll-path>$(PYTHON_INSTALL_DIR)
          <location>$(PYTHON_INSTALL_DIR)
        ;

This all works like a charm on Linux:

However on HPUX, I find that embedded path, is always the development path
and not $(PYTHON_INSTALL_DIR)
On AIX it seems to be ignored.

Does any one know if <dll-path> feature is known to work on HPUX/AIX ?

   Best regards,
Ta,
    Avi