boost interprocess data structure operating when process killed

boost interprocess data structure operating when process killed

Boost - Users mailing list
Hello, as I haven’t read the source code deeply, I doubt about what will happen when boost interprocess is handling data structure such as map (e.g.   rbtree rotating) while the process is killed (whether or not -9) or the machine is shutdown. Will the inner structure like the rbtree be broken ? Or will interprocess library detect this and fix it ?

Re: boost interprocess data structure operating when process killed

Boost - Users mailing list
On 08/07/2019 5:04, 吴昊 via Boost-users wrote:
> Hello, as I haven’t read the source code deeply, I doubt about what will happen when boost interprocess is handling data structure such as map (e.g.   rbtree rotating) while the process is killed (whether or not -9) or the machine is shutdown. Will the inner structure like the rbtree be broken ? Or will interprocess library detect this and fix it ?

It will be broken.

Best,

Ion