[boost-docs] Proofreader needed?

Jake Voytko
My time over the summer is tight, but I'd still like to help out with the docs project. One thing that I thought I could do was to go through the Wiki (or some documentation that the group generates) and act as a proofreader. Overall, the quality of what I see is good. However, I keep noticing small things (missing commas, run-on sentences, etc) that could stand a little tweaking. Is there a need for this?

Jake

P.S.
By the way, I fully support having a Springer Spaniel as a mascot.. I had one as a kid and it was fantastic.

Re: [boost-docs] Proofreader needed?

Matias Capeletto
On 7/8/07, Jake Voytko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My time over the summer is tight, but I'd still like to help out with the
> docs project. One thing that I thought I could do was to go through the Wiki
> (or some documentation that the group generates) and act as a proofreader.
> Overall, the quality of what I see is good. However, I keep noticing small
> things (missing commas, run-on sentences, etc) that could stand a little
> tweaking. Is there a need for this?

Big yes.
>From the "How to help" section:
"Lot of documentation on this Wiki is being written by non-native
English speaker. Just reading and correcting expressions and paragraph
will be appreciated."

I am always trying to improve my English skills, but I will never be
at the level of a native English speaker. Please feel free to change
what it takes.

Before you start working on this, get in contact with Paul Giaccone
( paulg at cinesite dot co dot uk )
He helped me proofreading Boost.Bimap docs, and he send me a private
mail yesterday stating that he will participate in IBD as a proof
reader.
The idea is to avoid work duplication, there are a lot of docs to proof read.

Thanks for your involvement Jake. We will need people like you in the
project to make it a reality.

King regards
Matias

> P.S.
> By the way, I fully support having a Springer Spaniel as a mascot.. I had
> one as a kid and it was fantastic.

She is waving her tail at you ;)