boost configure in need of C++17 macros

Boost - Build mailing list
Hi,

I find I am in need of a couple of C++17 control macros.  I presume these would go into the configure library?

Does any one know why there isn’t an issues tab for configure on GitHub?  That seemed like the place to be able to discuss what I am wanting.

I can take a stab at adding the changes.  But I am feeling a bit of a newb, so I’m not sure how proper they will be.

Tal

Re: boost configure in need of C++17 macros

Boost - Build mailing list

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Tal Lancaster via Boost-build <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I find I am in need of a couple of C++17 control macros.  I presume these would go into the configure library?

Does any one know why there isn’t an issues tab for configure on GitHub?  That seemed like the place to be able to discuss what I am wanting.

I can take a stab at adding the changes.  But I am feeling a bit of a newb, so I’m not sure how proper they will be.

Your best approach is to first post to the main boost developers list describing the macros you need and what boost library you need them for. Use the [config] subject tag so the right people will read the posting. Please keep in mind that the config macros are usually only added if they are needed by boost libraries; they are not intended to cover all possible standard compliance concerns.

Thanks,

--Beman

On 5/26/2017 9:25 AM, Tal Lancaster via Boost-build wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find I am in need of a couple of C++17 control macros.  I presume these would go into the configure library?
>
> Does any one know why there isn’t an issues tab for configure on GitHub?  That seemed like the place to be able to discuss what I am wanting.

The name is Boost 'config', not Boost 'configure'.