boost_check_library.py: correct handling of header-only libs?

boost_check_library.py: correct handling of header-only libs?

Boost - Dev mailing list
This script fails for me:
<https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/master/status/boost_check_library.py#L30>

Because there is no libs/beast/build. But Beast is header-only and has
no src/ directory, is this correct?

Apologies for posting to the list, but there is no Issues tab on the
boostorg/boost repo.

Thanks

Re: boost_check_library.py: correct handling of header-only libs?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 7:34 PM, Vinnie Falco via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> This script fails for me:
> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/master/status/
> boost_check_library.py#L30>
>
> Because there is no libs/beast/build. But Beast is header-only and has
> no src/ directory, is this correct?
>
> Apologies for posting to the list, but there is no Issues tab on the
> boostorg/boost repo.

Since I wrote those checks.. The reason it's failing is that it sees that
you have a 'build' directory but no 'Jamfile'. You could move those files
to another directory. The usual place we put those are in a 'tools' <
http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#Organization>.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Re: boost_check_library.py: correct handling of header-only libs?

AMDG

On 08/09/2017 06:34 PM, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> This script fails for me:
> <https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/master/status/boost_check_library.py#L30>
>
> Because there is no libs/beast/build.

It exists, but does not contain a Jamfile.

> But Beast is header-only and has
> no src/ directory, is this correct?

  A header-only library should not have a build/
directory at all.

> Apologies for posting to the list, but there is no Issues tab on the
> boostorg/boost repo.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe