[boost][bgl] kevin-bacon.cpp example

Harsh Deshmane

Hello Doug,

I am trying to create a custom visitor class, for bfs, which accumulates all
predecessors (based on Doug Gregor's suggestion for finding all paths between
2 vertices)

I compiled and ran this example from the examples dir.
However, the output is not consistent with
kevin_bacon.expected  in the example dir.

Output I get is listed below (top lines)
$ a.out
William Shatner has a Bacon number of 0
 has a Bacon number of 1
Denise Richards has a Bacon number of 0
 has a Bacon number of 0
Patrick Stewart has a Bacon number of 0
 has a Bacon number of 0
Steve Martin has a Bacon number of 0
Gerard Depardieu has a Bacon number of 0
 has a Bacon number of 0
Clint Howard has a Bacon number of 0
Sean Astin has a Bacon number of 0

(basically, all values are zero) except the first.

http://www.boost.org/libs/graph/example/kevin-bacon.cpp

I am using boost version 1.33.0/x86_64/include/boost-1_33

gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-52)

If possible, can someone please check whether the output you get is
the correct one ?

regards,
-harsh

Re: [boost][bgl] kevin-bacon.cpp example

Doug Gregor-2

On Mar 10, 2006, at 5:40 PM, Harsh Deshmane wrote:

> Hello Doug,
>
> I am trying to create a custom visitor class, for bfs, which
> accumulates all
> predecessors (based on Doug Gregor's suggestion for finding all
> paths between
> 2 vertices)
>
> I compiled and ran this example from the examples dir.
> However, the output is not consistent with
> kevin_bacon.expected  in the example dir.
>
> Output I get is listed below (top lines)
> [snip[
> (basically, all values are zero) except the first.

That's really strange! I get the correct output on several different
systems (a PowerPC Mac, a x86 machine running Linux, and an x64-64
machine running Linux).

        Doug