boost/asio/awaitable.hpp including <experimental/coroutine>

boost/asio/awaitable.hpp including <experimental/coroutine>

   i've been trying to get the coroutine chat example to work, but it
   seems that in 1.72 and 1.71 boost/asio/awaitable.hpp does not compile
   when BOOST_ASIO_HAS_CO_AWAIT has been defined.
   Is there something i overlooked (i've been away from Linux development
   for some years...) or is boost really broken with this define?
   Which version should i try, or is there any sense in trying to fix this
   myself?

   Best regards
   papsolo

Re: boost/asio/awaitable.hpp including <experimental/coroutine>

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 16:25, Paps Olo via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>    Hi,
>    i've been trying to get the coroutine chat example to work, but it
>    seems that in 1.72 and 1.71 boost/asio/awaitable.hpp does not compile
>    when BOOST_ASIO_HAS_CO_AWAIT has been defined.

Did you define it yourself or did boost discover it?

You will need a compiler with coroutines enabled.

Can you confirm toolset and cxxflags?

>    Is there something i overlooked (i've been away from Linux development
>    for some years...) or is boost really broken with this define?
>    Which version should i try, or is there any sense in trying to fix this
>    myself?
>
>    Best regards
>    papsolo

Richard Hodges
[hidden email]
office: +442032898513
home: +376841522
mobile: +376380212

Re: boost/asio/awaitable.hpp including <experimental/coroutine>

Boost - Dev mailing list
i did explicitely define it (and i tried both with clang and gcc with c++2a enabled) but i think the problem is the line

#include <experimental/coroutine>

in boost/asio/awaitable.hpp
which fails, because it seems that the experimental directory has been removed?

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 22:06, Peter via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i did explicitely define it (and i tried both with clang and gcc with
> c++2a enabled) but i think the problem is the line
>
> #include <experimental/coroutine>
>
> in boost/asio/awaitable.hpp
> which fails, because it seems that the experimental directory has been
> removed?

As of today, you'll need to use a recent clang with an up-to-date libc++

You will also need to specify -fcoroutines on the command line (
CXXFLAGS=-fcoroutines or similar)

I'm not sure what the equivalent is on msvc.
gcc has just this week gained coroutines support. I'd be surprised if the
version you are using supports it.

I'd recommend installing (or building from scratch if you're using an old
linux distro) latest clang and libc++

> > Am 24.01.2020 um 20:31 schrieb Richard Hodges via Boost <
> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 16:25, Paps Olo via Boost <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>   Hi,
> >>   i've been trying to get the coroutine chat example to work, but it
> >>   seems that in 1.72 and 1.71 boost/asio/awaitable.hpp does not compile
> >>   when BOOST_ASIO_HAS_CO_AWAIT has been defined.
> >

> > Did you define it yourself or did boost discover it?
> >
> > You will need a compiler with coroutines enabled.
> >
> > Can you confirm toolset and cxxflags?

Richard Hodges
[hidden email]
office: +442032898513
home: +376841522
mobile: +376380212

Re: boost/asio/awaitable.hpp including <experimental/coroutine>

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 15:11, Richard Hodges via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm not sure what the equivalent is on msvc.

This page has all the info, per paper, per std:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/overview/visual-cpp-language-conformance?view=vs-2019
. VS has with flag std=c++latest, a.o. [yes, smaller things like
space-ships flying and more] Concepts (16.3) and plug-able Modules, in
preview there might be more, ask STL.

degski
--
@realdegski