bjam - conditionally building and running specific tests

bjam - conditionally building and running specific tests

Boost - Build mailing list
I have a test which I only want to be run if <link>shared and not when
using <link>static.  I'm looking for the bjam syntax to do this.  This page

http://www.boost.org/build/doc/html/bbv2/reference/definitions.html#bbv2.reference.features.declaration

seems to suggest that I can do this by setting the "requirements"
arugment of bjam commands to

run test_dll_exported.cpp polymorphic_base.cpp : <link>shared
dll_polymorphic_derived2_lib : test_dll_exported

but it doesn't seem to work for me.  The above example is contrived to
make simpler.  The real case from the Jamfile.v2 file in the test
directory of the serialization code.

Any help appreciated

Robert Ramey

Re: bjam - conditionally building and running specific tests

Boost - Build mailing list
On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost-build <[hidden email]> wrote:
run test_dll_exported.cpp polymorphic_base.cpp : <link>shared

run test_dll_exported.cpp polymorphic_base.cpp : <link>static:<build>no ;

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything