[bjam] New documentation.

Rene Rivera
I just finished translating all the relevant[*] existing bjam
documentation into QuickBook format. The hope is to have it in a format
that helps to clean it up and more fully document bjam itself. The
single doc file lives in CVS at tools/jam/doc/bjam.qkb
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/tools/jam/doc/bjam.qbk?view=markup>
(may not be up to date given anon-CVS delays). And since the meta-comm
nightly doc build seems to be stuck I've instead put up just the bjam
part here: <http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/boost/html-1.34.0/>.

I've tried to incorporate the spread out info as best I could. I would
appreciate it if people give a glance to make sure I didn't miss
translating something. I know it is *not* complete documentation as we
got very careless and there's stuff in bjam that never got documented.
So if people could point those out, or even better document them, that
would be wonderful.

Thanks... Enjoy.

[*] Note, by relevant I'm not including all the docs relating to the
Perforce/Jambase.

--grafik

Re: [bjam] New documentation.

Jim Douglas-2
Rene Rivera wrote:
> ... put up just the bjam
> part here: <http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/boost/html-1.34.0/>.

On a very quick review of the docs I note that you have not included the
qcc/QCC toolset for QNX6 even though it is detected by build.sh. I also
noted some time ago that build.sh has a couple of errors in that
department.

Please send me an e-mail so I can respond with the necessary changes.

Regards
Jim

Re: [bjam] New documentation.

Vladimir Prus
On Thursday 02 February 2006 05:33, Rene Rivera wrote:

> I just finished translating all the relevant[*] existing bjam
> documentation into QuickBook format. The hope is to have it in a format
> that helps to clean it up and more fully document bjam itself. The
> single doc file lives in CVS at tools/jam/doc/bjam.qkb
> <http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/tools/jam/doc/bjam.qbk?v
>iew=markup> (may not be up to date given anon-CVS delays). And since the
> meta-comm nightly doc build seems to be stuck I've instead put up just the
> bjam part here: <http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/boost/html-1.34.0/>.
>
> I've tried to incorporate the spread out info as best I could. I would
> appreciate it if people give a glance to make sure I didn't miss
> translating something. I know it is *not* complete documentation as we
> got very careless and there's stuff in bjam that never got documented.
> So if people could point those out, or even better document them, that
> would be wonderful.
>
> Thanks... Enjoy.

That's good work! Maybe, we should include it into V2 documentation, say as
appendix, or a part in "Reference" section? I think it's easily done with
BoostBook.

- Volodya

Re: [bjam] New documentation.

Rene Rivera
Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Thursday 02 February 2006 05:33, Rene Rivera wrote:
>> bjam part here: <http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/boost/html-1.34.0/>.

Still no updated meta-comm docs :-(

>> Thanks... Enjoy.
>
> That's good work! Maybe, we should include it into V2 documentation, say as
> appendix, or a part in "Reference" section? I think it's easily done with
> BoostBook.

You mean as part of the BBv2 standalone package? Sure, but only if it
can be done without having it show up twice in the regular Boost docs.
Although it might be a bit strange for people when they download
bjam+BBv2 and get the same docs twice. I'm not sure now :-\

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything