beta.boost.org messing up with HTML4 symbols

beta.boost.org messing up with HTML4 symbols

Matias Capeletto
Hi,

I have moved the doc_test online document to:
http://beta.boost.org/development/doc/doc_test/doc/html/index.html

( You can test it now, the regression table says it is fully
functional for: Firefox 2 (linux,win,mac) , IE 6 (win), IE 7 (win),
Camino 1.5 (mac) and Safari 3 (mac) )

The server is messing up with the HTML4 symbols.
Is this a known problem?

Best regards
Matias

Re: beta.boost.org messing up with HTML4 symbols

Doug Gregor
On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 14:51 -0300, Matias Capeletto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have moved the doc_test online document to:
> http://beta.boost.org/development/doc/doc_test/doc/html/index.html
>
> ( You can test it now, the regression table says it is fully
> functional for: Firefox 2 (linux,win,mac) , IE 6 (win), IE 7 (win),
> Camino 1.5 (mac) and Safari 3 (mac) )
>
> The server is messing up with the HTML4 symbols.
> Is this a known problem?

I thought it was a "fixed" problem. I've tweaked the Apache config...
see if that looks better.

  - Doug

On 6/28/07, Douglas Gregor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 14:51 -0300, Matias Capeletto wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have moved the doc_test online document to:
> > http://beta.boost.org/development/doc/doc_test/doc/html/index.html
> >
> > The server is messing up with the HTML4 symbols.
> > Is this a known problem?
>
> I thought it was a "fixed" problem. I've tweaked the Apache config...
> see if that looks better.

Great! All of them appear fine now.

Thanks for the quick response
Best regards
Matias

Re: beta.boost.org messing up with HTML4 symbols

Stuart Dootson
On 29/06/07, Douglas Gregor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 14:51 -0300, Matias Capeletto wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have moved the doc_test online document to:
> > http://beta.boost.org/development/doc/doc_test/doc/html/index.html
> >
> > ( You can test it now, the regression table says it is fully
> > functional for: Firefox 2 (linux,win,mac) , IE 6 (win), IE 7 (win),
> > Camino 1.5 (mac) and Safari 3 (mac) )
> >
> > The server is messing up with the HTML4 symbols.
> > Is this a known problem?
>
> I thought it was a "fixed" problem. I've tweaked the Apache config...
> see if that looks better.
>
>   - Doug

That's mostly done the trick, Doug - Matias, what were the four last
characters in the 'Math and Greek' section meant to be? On OS X with
Firefox, Safari 3 and the View Source command in Camino, they appear
as the four card suits - spade, club, diamond and heart. In Camino
(the HTML view), they're a horizontal line, a vertical line, a
vertical line and a horizontal line respectively...

Stuart

On 6/28/07, Stuart Dootson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 29/06/07, Douglas Gregor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 14:51 -0300, Matias Capeletto wrote:
> > > The server is messing up with the HTML4 symbols.
> > > Is this a known problem?
> >
> > I thought it was a "fixed" problem. I've tweaked the Apache config...
> > see if that looks better.
> >
> >   - Doug
>
> That's mostly done the trick, Doug - Matias, what were the four last
> characters in the 'Math and Greek' section meant to be?

[spades],
[clubs],
[hearts],
[diams]

> On OS X with Firefox, Safari 3 and the View Source command in Camino, they appear
> as the four card suits - spade, club, diamond and heart. In Camino
> (the HTML view), they're a horizontal line, a vertical line, a
> vertical line and a horizontal line respectively...

Weird. Camino bug?

Best regards
Matias

Re: beta.boost.org messing up with HTML4 symbols

Stuart Dootson
On 29/06/07, Matias Capeletto <[hidden email]> wrote:

<snip>

> > On OS X with Firefox, Safari 3 and the View Source command in Camino, they appear
> > as the four card suits - spade, club, diamond and heart. In Camino
> > (the HTML view), they're a horizontal line, a vertical line, a
> > vertical line and a horizontal line respectively...
>
> Weird. Camino bug?
>
> Best regards
> Matias

Guess so - strange, as it uses Gecko, like Firefox. Something else for
me to look at :-)

Stuart