[bb2] install on a generated file

Jaroslav Gresula
I have a custom generator which produces two files: .cpp and .py

#-- swig.jam
type.register SWIG : swg ;
generators.register-standard swig.swig-file : SWIG : CPP ;

actions swig-file
{
 # invokes an application which generates .cpp and .py files
}
#--

Now, I would like to have an install rule which copies both generated files to a
specified location, e.g. something like this:

#-- Jamfile
cpp output : def.swg ;

install install
  :
  output
  :
  <install-dependecies>on
  <location>.
  ;
#--

This copies only output.cpp as bjam has no clue about output.py. Is there a way
how one can specify that also output.py is bound to the output target?

Thanks,
Jarda

Re: [bb2] install on a generated file

Vladimir Prus
On Wednesday 01 March 2006 00:31, Jaroslav Gresula wrote:

> I have a custom generator which produces two files: .cpp and .py
>
> #-- swig.jam
> type.register SWIG : swg ;
> generators.register-standard swig.swig-file : SWIG : CPP ;
>
> actions swig-file
> {
>  # invokes an application which generates .cpp and .py files
> }

Then, your generator should be defined as:

   generators.register-standard swig.swig-file : SWIG : CPP PY ;

If you don't tell Boost.Build all the truth about tool behaviour, bad things
will happen ;-)

HTH,
Volodya