b2 headers working in modular-boost develop but not master

b2 headers working in modular-boost develop but not master

Beman Dawes
>git clone --recursive https://github.com/boostorg/boost.git modular-boost
>cd modular-boost
>.\bootstrap

Works fine, but then:

>.\b2 headers
link.jam: No such file or directory
Jamroot:145: in modules.load
ERROR: rule "link-directory" unknown in module "Jamfile<D:\modular-boost>".
D:/modular-boost/tools/build/v2/build\project.jam:311: in load-jamfile
D:/modular-boost/tools/build/v2/build\project.jam:64: in load
D:/modular-boost/tools/build/v2/build\project.jam:145: in project.find
D:/modular-boost/tools/build/v2\build-system.jam:535: in load
D:\modular-boost\tools\build\v2/kernel\modules.jam:289: in import
D:\modular-boost\tools\build\v2/kernel/bootstrap.jam:139: in boost-build
D:\modular-boost\boost-build.jam:17: in module scope

If tools/build is switched to "develop" (i.e. the svn trunk), the problem goes away.

Presumably there are two ways to handle this:

Option 1: Using svn, merge tools/build trunk to branches/release.

Option 2: Using git, merge tools/build develop to master, and update boost super-project to point to the updated tools/build master branch.

Who is planning to handle this? Steven?

Which option do you prefer?

--Beman

Re: b2 headers working in modular-boost develop but not master

Steven Watanabe-4
AMDG

On 11/19/2013 05:12 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:

> Presumably there are two ways to handle this:
>
> Option 1: Using svn, merge tools/build trunk to branches/release.
>
> Option 2: Using git, merge tools/build develop to master, and update boost
> super-project to point to the updated tools/build master branch.
>
> Who is planning to handle this? Steven?

I'll do it, now that the release is out.

> Which option do you prefer?

The merge is non-trivial, since there are some
changesets that span other libraries.  I'd
I'd much rather do this in svn, since I know
the commands.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Steven Watanabe <[hidden email]> wrote:
AMDG

On 11/19/2013 05:12 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:

> Presumably there are two ways to handle this:
>
> Option 1: Using svn, merge tools/build trunk to branches/release.
>
> Option 2: Using git, merge tools/build develop to master, and update boost
> super-project to point to the updated tools/build master branch.
>
> Who is planning to handle this? Steven?

I'll do it, now that the release is out.

> Which option do you prefer?

The merge is non-trivial, since there are some
changesets that span other libraries.  I'd
I'd much rather do this in svn, since I know
the commands.

OK, please go ahead and do that as soon as convenient.

Thanks,

--Beman