b2 headers cache

Boost - Build mailing list
After moving some headers were moved from parameter to parameter_python
running 'b2 headers' gives:

error: Cannot create link boost\parameter\aux_\python\invoker.hpp to
libs\parameter_python\include\boost\parameter\aux_\python\invoker.hpp.
error: Link previously defined to another file,
libs\parameter\include\boost\parameter\aux_\python\invoker.hpp.

I then precede to delete all symlinks under boost\parameter but running
'b2 headers' again gives the same error. This suggests that b2 headers
is cacheing some previously result somewhere. Is there a fix for this ?

Re: b2 headers cache

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 10/25/2018 10:25 AM, Edward Diener via Boost-build wrote:

> After moving some headers were moved from parameter to parameter_python
> running 'b2 headers' gives:
>
> error: Cannot create link boost\parameter\aux_\python\invoker.hpp to
> libs\parameter_python\include\boost\parameter\aux_\python\invoker.hpp.
> error: Link previously defined to another file,
> libs\parameter\include\boost\parameter\aux_\python\invoker.hpp.
>
> I then precede to delete all symlinks under boost\parameter but running
> 'b2 headers' again gives the same error. This suggests that b2 headers
> is cacheing some previously result somewhere. Is there a fix for this ?

b2 is not caching anything.  The problem is that both
possible link targets exist in your directory structure.

Possible causes:
- You didn't update parameter after adding parameter_python.
- You are on a branch which does not yet have parameter_python,
  but the library was not removed when you switched to that branch.
- You checked out a revision of the superproject which is in
  an inconsistent state.  (because changes that span repositories
  are not atomic).

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: b2 headers cache

Boost - Build mailing list
On 10/25/2018 12:39 PM, Steven Watanabe via Boost-build wrote:

> AMDG
>
> On 10/25/2018 10:25 AM, Edward Diener via Boost-build wrote:
>> After moving some headers were moved from parameter to parameter_python
>> running 'b2 headers' gives:
>>
>> error: Cannot create link boost\parameter\aux_\python\invoker.hpp to
>> libs\parameter_python\include\boost\parameter\aux_\python\invoker.hpp.
>> error: Link previously defined to another file,
>> libs\parameter\include\boost\parameter\aux_\python\invoker.hpp.
>>
>> I then precede to delete all symlinks under boost\parameter but running
>> 'b2 headers' again gives the same error. This suggests that b2 headers
>> is cacheing some previously result somewhere. Is there a fix for this ?
>>

> b2 is not caching anything.  The problem is that both
> possible link targets exist in your directory structure.
>
> Possible causes:
> - You didn't update parameter after adding parameter_python.
> - You are on a branch which does not yet have parameter_python,
>    but the library was not removed when you switched to that branch.
> - You checked out a revision of the superproject which is in
>    an inconsistent state.  (because changes that span repositories
>    are not atomic).

Thanks, it is my error.