[app submission] Paragent Manage

Timothy Ritchey
Application: Paragent Manage 2.1
Company: Paragent

Paragent Manage is a Desktop Management Application that uses a
lightweight agent written in C++. Unlike traditional desktop management
solutions, Paragent Manage avoids the complexity and cost of servers by
using peer-to-peer communication between agents and the administrative
console. This allows real-time inventory searching, alerting and
software auditing in an easy-to-deploy and maintain package.

Boost Usage:
We have used boost extensively throughout our agent, including:

threads
shared_ptr
bind
spirit
date_time
algorithm
multi_index
filesystem

Apart from some read_write_mutex issues we had, boost has been a
seamless part of our development, and has allowed us to develop and
deploy a very complex, highly threaded networking agent with a built-in
lisp-like xml-based scripting language all done in C++. Our entire
development team would like to thank everyone for their hard work on
behalf of C++ coders everywhere.

Re: [app submission] Paragent Manage

Joaquin M LópezMuñoz
Timothy Ritchey <tritchey <at> mac.com> writes:

> Application: Paragent Manage 2.1
> Company: Paragent

[...]

Hello, I think this submission hasn't been registered into
more/whos_using/using.qbk. I'd do it myself, but I lack the
tools to locally compile the quickbook so I'm afraid of commiting
untested, possibly buggy qbk stuff.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo