adding custom modules

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

adding custom modules

Boost - Build mailing list

Hello,

I'm trying to define a new pre-built library to be used as third-party dependency for a Boost project.

I'm trying to mimic the code from `zlib.jam`, but when I then use `using clblas ;` in my project's Jamfile, I get the error "clblas.jam: no such file or directory".

Where does `b2` look for modules, and what do I need to do to be able to define my own and make them visible to Boost.Build ?

Thanks,

Stefan
-- 

      ...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...
    

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: https://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-build
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adding custom modules

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 05/06/2018 02:48 PM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost-build wrote:

>
> I'm trying to define a new pre-built library to be used as third-party
> dependency for a Boost project.
>
> I'm trying to mimic the code from `zlib.jam`, but when I then use `using
> clblas ;` in my project's Jamfile, I get the error "clblas.jam: no such
> file or directory".
>
> Where does `b2` look for modules, and what do I need to do to be able to
> define my own and make them visible to Boost.Build ?
>

The search path is $BOOST_BUILD_PATH + all the built in
Boost.Build directories.  A Jamfile can also import
relative to its own location.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe
_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: https://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-build
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adding custom modules

Boost - Build mailing list
On 06.05.2018 20:14, Steven Watanabe via Boost-build wrote:
AMDG

On 05/06/2018 02:48 PM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost-build wrote:
I'm trying to define a new pre-built library to be used as third-party
dependency for a Boost project.

I'm trying to mimic the code from `zlib.jam`, but when I then use `using
clblas ;` in my project's Jamfile, I get the error "clblas.jam: no such
file or directory".

Where does `b2` look for modules, and what do I need to do to be able to
define my own and make them visible to Boost.Build ?

The search path is $BOOST_BUILD_PATH + all the built in
Boost.Build directories.  A Jamfile can also import
relative to its own location.

Thanks ! I believe I'm still a bit confused about the exact semantics of the "using" and "import" directives.  So now I'm using
```
import clblas ;
using clblas ;
```
In a Jamfile, with a `clblas.jam` file in the same directory, which works fine. Now the next step: I want to define `clblas` similar to other third-party libraries, such that I can invoke `using clblas ...` with some appropriate paths from my `user-config.jam` file, to set the environment on the build machine. But AFAIU, `user-config.jam` is read in before any local (project-specific) Jamfiles are read. So where would I have to put the `clblas.jam` file for `user-config.jam` to find it ?

Thanks,

Stefan
-- 

      ...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...
    

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: https://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-build
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adding custom modules

Boost - Build mailing list



On 2018-05-06 10:49 PM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
I'm still a bit confused about the exact semantics of the "using" and "import" directives.  So now I'm using
```
import clblas ;
using clblas ;
```
In a Jamfile, with a `clblas.jam` file in the same directory, which works fine. Now the next step: I want to define `clblas` similar to other third-party libraries, such that I can invoke `using clblas ...` with some appropriate paths from my `user-config.jam` file, to set the environment on the build machine. But AFAIU, `user-config.jam` is read in before any local (project-specific) Jamfiles are read. So where would I have to put the `clblas.jam` file for `user-config.jam` to find it ?

Ping ?


Stefan
--

      ...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...
    

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: https://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-build
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: adding custom modules

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 05/13/2018 10:35 AM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost-build wrote:

> On 2018-05-06 10:49 PM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>> I'm still a bit confused about the exact semantics of the "using" and
>> "import" directives.  So now I'm using
>> ```
>> import clblas ;
>> using clblas ;
>> ```
>> In a Jamfile, with a `clblas.jam` file in the same directory, which
>> works fine. Now the next step: I want to define `clblas` similar to
>> other third-party libraries, such that I can invoke `using clblas ...`
>> with some appropriate paths from my `user-config.jam` file, to set the
>> environment on the build machine. But AFAIU, `user-config.jam` is read
>> in before any local (project-specific) Jamfiles are read. So where
>> would I have to put the `clblas.jam` file for `user-config.jam` to
>> find it ?
>
> Ping ?
>

  Sorry for the delay.  I was at C++Now last week.
You need to add the path to clblas.jam to $BOOST_BUILD_PATH
somehow.  I know that this is a problem, but I don't
have a good solution.  It might be possible for me to
make `using` lazy somehow, but the resulting non-deterministic
initialization order is likely to cause surprises.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe
_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: https://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-build