You Won't Believe This!

Boost - Dev mailing list
But Boost.JSON needs a Review Manager! Don't be shy now!

Repository:
https://github.com/cppalliance/json

Documentation:
http://vinniefalco.github.io/doc/json/index.html

Vinnie

Follow me on GitHub: https://github.com/vinniefalco

Re: You Won't Believe This!

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 2020-08-22 17:57, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> But Boost.JSON needs a Review Manager! Don't be shy now!
>
> Repository:
> https://github.com/cppalliance/json
>
> Documentation:
> http://vinniefalco.github.io/doc/json/index.html

Vinnie, please stop posting messages with clickbait or obscure topics.
This is not going to help you find a review manager, quite the opposite.

Our discussion policy is here:

https://www.boost.org/community/policy.html

Re: You Won't Believe This!

Boost - Dev mailing list
Andrey - lighten up.  Half the fun of boost is the drama filled
communication which sometimes produces (intentionally or
unintentionally) occasional flashes of humor.

Robert Ramey

On 8/22/20 9:47 AM, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:

> On 2020-08-22 17:57, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
>> But Boost.JSON needs a Review Manager! Don't be shy now!
>>
>> Repository:
>> https://github.com/cppalliance/json
>>
>> Documentation:
>> http://vinniefalco.github.io/doc/json/index.html
>
> Vinnie, please stop posting messages with clickbait or obscure topics.
> This is not going to help you find a review manager, quite the opposite.
>
> Our discussion policy is here:
>
> https://www.boost.org/community/policy.html

Re: You Won't Believe This!

sob., 22 sie 2020, 18:48 u┼╝ytkownik Andrey Semashev via Boost <
[hidden email]> napisał:

> On 2020-08-22 17:57, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> > But Boost.JSON needs a Review Manager! Don't be shy now!
> >
> > Repository:
> > https://github.com/cppalliance/json
> >
> > Documentation:
> > http://vinniefalco.github.io/doc/json/index.html
>
> Vinnie, please stop posting messages with clickbait or obscure topics.
> This is not going to help you find a review manager, quite the opposite.

I was about to make similar remark.
Those are spam-like subjects that make me personally want to send the
message to trash w/o reading it.

On practical side, it's not archive friendly too.

Instead, I'd prefer to receive:

"JSON library is looking for review manager"

Mateusz Loskot, [hidden email]
(Sent from mobile, may suffer from top-posting)

Re: You Won't Believe This!

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 9:48 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Vinnie, please stop posting messages with clickbait or obscure topics.
> This is not going to help you find a review manager, quite the opposite.

My DEEPEST apologies for the transgression. But maybe... just a
thought here, you could forgive me seeing as to how I have been asking
for a review manager for 10 months now?

Thanks

Re: You Won't Believe This!

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 20:38, Vinnie Falco via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 9:48 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Vinnie, please stop posting messages with clickbait or obscure topics.
> > This is not going to help you find a review manager, quite the opposite.
>
> My DEEPEST apologies for the transgression. But maybe... just a
> thought here, you could forgive me seeing as to how I have been asking
> for a review manager for 10 months now?

If a review manager can submit a review, precedents in the past are known,
then, perhaps, a review wizard can be a review manager ;)

One way or another, I believe there is room for further clarification
of the review rules.

Re: You Won't Believe This! JSON library had no review manager for 10 months now.

Boost - Dev mailing list
How about this :)

Mateusz Loskot via Boost said:     (by the date of Sat, 22 Aug 2020 20:46:16 +0200)

> On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 20:38, Vinnie Falco via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 9:48 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Vinnie, please stop posting messages with clickbait or obscure topics.
> > > This is not going to help you find a review manager, quite the opposite.
> >
> > My DEEPEST apologies for the transgression. But maybe... just a
> > thought here, you could forgive me seeing as to how I have been asking
> > for a review manager for 10 months now?
>
> If a review manager can submit a review, precedents in the past are known,
> then, perhaps, a review wizard can be a review manager ;)
>
> One way or another, I believe there is room for further clarification
> of the review rules.
>
> Best regards,

Re: You Won't Believe This! JSON library had no review manager for 10 months now.

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 12:25 PM Janek Kozicki via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> How about this :)
>
> Mateusz Loskot via Boost said:     (by the date of Sat, 22 Aug 2020
20:46:16 +0200)

> > On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 20:38, Vinnie Falco via Boost
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > My DEEPEST apologies for the transgression. But maybe... just a
> > > thought here, you could forgive me seeing as to how I have been asking
> > > for a review manager for 10 months now?
> >
> > If a review manager can submit a review, precedents in the past are
known,

> > then, perhaps, a review wizard can be a review manager ;)
> >
> > One way or another, I believe there is room for further clarification
> > of the review rules.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net

As far as I am concerned, the review manager must have deep understanding
of the problem domain and not be in a position to gain from either
acceptance or rejection. The review wizards' approval certifies that that's
the case. Technically, as long as it _is_ the case, I don't see why a
wizard can't be a manager.

Re: You Won't Believe This! JSON library had no review manager for 10 months now.

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 1:08 PM Emil Dotchevski via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> As far as I am concerned, the review manager must have deep understanding
> of the problem domain and not be in a position to gain from either
> acceptance or rejection

When good libraries go into Boost, everyone gains!

Thanks

Re: You Won't Believe This!

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 07:57:16 -0700, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> But Boost.JSON needs a Review Manager! Don't be shy now!

Christian Mazakas replied to your previous message (the 'Shallow Hal
Needs A Gal!' one) to say he would do it. Maybe it would be an idea to
respond to his message ?

Spencer

Re: You Won't Believe This!

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 20:46, Mateusz Loskot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 20:38, Vinnie Falco via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 9:48 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Vinnie, please stop posting messages with clickbait or obscure topics.
> > > This is not going to help you find a review manager, quite the opposite.
> >
> > My DEEPEST apologies for the transgression. But maybe... just a
> > thought here, you could forgive me seeing as to how I have been asking
> > for a review manager for 10 months now?
>
> If a review manager can submit a review, precedents in the past are known,
> then, perhaps, a review wizard can be a review manager ;)
>
> One way or another, I believe there is room for further clarification
> of the review rules.

I proposed it here

https://github.com/boostorg/website/pull/534