Willing to participate in GSOC'20 with boost

Willing to participate in GSOC'20 with boost

I am Soham Mukherjee. I am willing to participate in GSOC-20 and was
looking forward participating with this organization. Can someone please
guide me on how to get started and linking me to some easy fixes and also
documentations so that I can familiarize myself with the codebase.
Thanks

Re: Willing to participate in GSOC'20 with boost

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 22:46, soham mukherjee via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am Soham Mukherjee. I am willing to participate in GSOC-20 and was
> looking forward participating with this organization. Can someone please
> guide me on how to get started and linking me to some easy fixes and also
> documentations so that I can familiarize myself with the codebase.

Hi,

(Copying answer to similar question in
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/12/247887.php)

Have you visited ***obvious*** places and found any resources already?

Have you visited https://boost.org ?
Have you visited https://www.boost.org/users/faq.html ?
Have you visited https://github.com/boostorg/boost ?
Have you visited https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki ?
Have you visited
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-Overview
?

Finally, since this is really a recurring question, obviously, have
you searched the archives?
Hint: there is a search box at https://lists.boost.org

You will find answers like
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/11/247468.php

GSoC usually kickstarts starts in Jan-Feb, so you may find
helpful to look for similar threads of that period last year
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/01/index.php
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/02/index.php
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/03/index.php
and even years before.

There really is plenty in archive to search and read in order to learn
more about the process, about what students asked about and
were suggested/requested to do in previous years, plenty of resources to
prepare for participation and submission of a project proposal for GSoC 2020.

Finally, monitor this list for any GSoC announcements in Jan/Feb 2020.

Re: Willing to participate in GSOC'20 with boost

Boost - Dev mailing list

>> I am Soham Mukherjee. I am willing to participate in GSOC-20
> Have you visited ***obvious*** places and found any resources already?
Thanks Mateusz. This is all good. Nonetheless, I am a potential mentor.However, probably due to error on my side (which happens a lot),I'm unable to find an obvious place to post a potentialproject for 2020.

For lack of a better place found, I have added a potentialproject in Boost.Multiprecision for 2020.
A preliminary description can be found at the momentthe very bottom of the page here, seemingly the wrong year:https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2019
Regards, Christopher Kormanyos

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am Soham Mukherjee. I am willing to participate in GSOC-20 and was
> looking forward participating with this organization. Can someone please
> guide me on how to get started and linking me to some easy fixes and also
> documentations so that I can familiarize myself with the codebase.

Hi,

(Copying answer to similar question in
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/12/247887.php)

Have you visited ***obvious*** places and found any resources already?

Have you visited https://boost.org ?
Have you visited https://www.boost.org/users/faq.html ?
Have you visited https://github.com/boostorg/boost ?
Have you visited https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki ?
Have you visited
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-Overview
?

Finally, since this is really a recurring question, obviously, have
you searched the archives?
Hint: there is a search box at https://lists.boost.org

You will find answers like
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/11/247468.php

GSoC usually kickstarts starts in Jan-Feb, so you may find
helpful to look for similar threads of that period last year
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/01/index.php
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/02/index.php
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/03/index.php
and even years before.

There really is plenty in archive to search and read in order to learn
more about the process, about what students asked about and
were suggested/requested to do in previous years, plenty of resources to
prepare for participation and submission of a project proposal for GSoC 2020.

Finally, monitor this list for any GSoC announcements in Jan/Feb 2020.

Re: Willing to participate in GSOC'20 with boost

I just created a new wiki page for 2020 and linked it from the main boost
wiki page.

Link here:
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2020

El jue., 9 ene. 2020 a las 17:43, Christopher Kormanyos via Boost (<
[hidden email]>) escribió:

> >> I am Soham Mukherjee. I am willing to participate in GSOC-20
> > Have you visited ***obvious*** places and found any resources already?
> Thanks Mateusz. This is all good. Nonetheless, I am a potential
> mentor.However, probably due to error on my side (which happens a lot),I'm
> unable to find an obvious place to post a potentialproject for 2020.
>
> For lack of a better place found, I have added a potentialproject in
> Boost.Multiprecision for 2020.
> A preliminary description can be found at the momentthe very bottom of the
> page here, seemingly the wrong year:
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2019
> Regards, Christopher Kormanyos
>

>     On Thursday, January 9, 2020, 10:58:26 PM GMT+1, Mateusz Loskot via
> Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 22:46, soham mukherjee via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I am Soham Mukherjee. I am willing to participate in GSOC-20 and was
> > looking forward participating with this organization. Can someone please
> > guide me on how to get started and linking me to some easy fixes and also
> > documentations so that I can familiarize myself with the codebase.
>
> Hi,
>
> (Copying answer to similar question in
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/12/247887.php)
>
> Have you visited ***obvious*** places and found any resources already?
>
> Have you visited https://boost.org ?
> Have you visited https://www.boost.org/users/faq.html ?
> Have you visited https://github.com/boostorg/boost ?
> Have you visited https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki ?
> Have you visited
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-Overview
> ?
>
> Finally, since this is really a recurring question, obviously, have
> you searched the archives?
> Hint: there is a search box at https://lists.boost.org
>
> You will find answers like
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/11/247468.php
>
> GSoC usually kickstarts starts in Jan-Feb, so you may find
> helpful to look for similar threads of that period last year
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/01/index.php
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/02/index.php
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/03/index.php
> and even years before.
>
> There really is plenty in archive to search and read in order to learn
> more about the process, about what students asked about and
> were suggested/requested to do in previous years, plenty of resources to
> prepare for participation and submission of a project proposal for GSoC
> 2020.
>
> Finally, monitor this list for any GSoC announcements in Jan/Feb 2020.
>
> Best regards,

Re: Willing to participate in GSOC'20 with boost

On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 23:43, Christopher Kormanyos via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> I am Soham Mukherjee. I am willing to participate in GSOC-20
> > Have you visited ***obvious*** places and found any resources already?
>
> Thanks Mateusz. This is all good. Nonetheless, I am a potential mentor.However, probably due to error on my side (which happens a lot),I'm unable to find an obvious place to post a potentialproject for 2020.

Sorry, I assumed OP's "to get started" means to get the basics first,
not to find or propose a project to pick yet.

Re: Willing to participate in GSOC'20 with boost

Boost - Dev mailing list
  >>> I am Soham Mukherjee. I am willing to participate in GSOC-20>> Have you visited ***obvious*** places and found any resources already?
> Hi, I just created a new wiki page for 2020 and linked it from the> main boost wiki page.
Yes. that is what I was looking for, the new 2020 page.
Thank you very much for the help.
A potential project in Boost.Multiprecision has been added to thenew 2020 page
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2020
Best regards, Christopher