When will next asio release occur?

Andrew Schweitzer
Sorry to ask the obvious questions again. I don't seem to see the answer
from a search of the list.

Is there an expected date for acceptance decision? Or a "rough guess
suject to change at any time"?

If it gets accepted, is there an expected date on when it will be part
of boost?

Is there an expected date on next release at asio website? (Presumably
before next boost release)?

Re: When will next asio release occur?

Andrew Schweitzer
Andrew Schweitzer wrote:
> Sorry to ask the obvious questions again. I don't seem to see the answer
> from a search of the list.
>
> Is there an expected date for acceptance decision? Or a "rough guess
> suject to change at any time"?

oops forgot to add, no rush, just curious and looking forward to it.

Re: When will next asio release occur?

Christopher Kohlhoff
Hi Andrew,

--- Andrew Schweitzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
<snip>
> If it gets accepted, is there an expected date on when it will
> be part of boost?

I'm already making some of the changes that were suggested in
the review, but it is taking quite some time, particularly as I
am unable to give it my full attention.

I'm focusing on making the public interface changes first, after
which I'll move on to improving the implementation and the
documentation.

> Is there an expected date on next release at asio website?
> (Presumably before next boost release)?

I'm hoping to do a release soon - a suitably imprecise term ;) -
to get feedback on the IPv6 interfaces. If you're eager, and
willing to live dangerously, you can always use the version in
sourceforge CVS.

Cheers,
Chris