What part of "The master branch is closed except by explicit permission" is confusing?

What part of "The master branch is closed except by explicit permission" is confusing?

Boost - Dev mailing list
That means "DO NOT COMMIT TO THE MASTER BRANCH"
FULL STOP.

I just turned on the auto-updating for the release, expecting two changes:
* one from MPL
* one from Function.

Instead, I got updated from:
* Update mpl from master
* Update function from master
* Update atomic from master
* Update log from master
* Update convert from master
* Update iostreams from master

You're making the release process harder.

-- Marshall

Re: What part of "The master branch is closed except by explicit permission" is confusing?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 2:07 PM Marshall Clow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That means "DO NOT COMMIT TO THE MASTER BRANCH"
> FULL STOP.
>
> I just turned on the auto-updating for the release, expecting two changes:
> * one from MPL
> * one from Function.
>
> Instead, I got updated from:
> * Update mpl from master
> * Update function from master
> * Update atomic from master
> * Update log from master
> * Update convert from master
> * Update iostreams from master
>
> You're making the release process harder.
>
> -- Marshall

Apologies, I had some CI-only changes to .travis.yml and appveyor.yml that
I was making
across the CMT repositories.  These changes got merged into master for
iostreams after
the Friday deadline.  There were no code changes associated with this,
however it should
not have happened.

- Jim

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:07 PM Marshall Clow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That means "DO NOT COMMIT TO THE MASTER BRANCH"
> FULL STOP.
>
> I just turned on the auto-updating for the release, expecting two changes:
> * one from MPL
> * one from Function.
>
> Instead, I got updated from:
> * Update mpl from master
> * Update function from master
> * Update atomic from master
> * Update log from master
> * Update convert from master
> * Update iostreams from master
>
> You're making the release process harder.

Sorry for the inconvenience.