What is the status of PythonPort?

Thomas Klimpel-2
Just out of pure curiosity, what is the status of PythonPort?
--
"Der Pessimist behauptet, dass alles schon so schlimm ist,
 dass es gar nicht mehr schlimmer sein könnte.

Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a

Re: What is the status of PythonPort?

Steven Watanabe-4
AMDG

Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> Just out of pure curiosity, what is the status of PythonPort?

http://zigzag.cs.msu.su/boost.build/wiki/PythonPort/Status

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: What is the status of PythonPort?

Phillip Seaver
Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Thomas Klimpel wrote:
>> Just out of pure curiosity, what is the status of PythonPort?
>>

> http://zigzag.cs.msu.su/boost.build/wiki/PythonPort/Status

That page hasn't been updated since May of last year.  Has it been that
long since progress has been made or just that long since anybody
(Volodya, I would guess) has updated the status?  :-)

One of my co-workers was complaining the other day about the speed of
BB, so I thought I'd see what the status is, since it's supposed to be
faster.

Thanks,

Phillip

Re: What is the status of PythonPort?

Vladimir Prus
On Thursday 02 April 2009 07:28:11 Phillip Seaver wrote:

> Steven Watanabe wrote:
> > AMDG
> >
> > Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> >> Just out of pure curiosity, what is the status of PythonPort?
> >>

> > http://zigzag.cs.msu.su/boost.build/wiki/PythonPort/Status
>
> That page hasn't been updated since May of last year.  Has it been that
> long since progress has been made or just that long since anybody
> (Volodya, I would guess) has updated the status?  :-)
>
> One of my co-workers was complaining the other day about the speed of
> BB, so I thought I'd see what the status is, since it's supposed to be
> faster.

I think there was some progress since then. However, right now I am focusing
on some polishing of C++ Boost build process. There are a couple of deadline
there soon, and then I'll return to python port.

OOC, what platforms are you interested most? I guess gcc and msvc?

- Volodya

Vladimir Prus wrote:

> On Thursday 02 April 2009 07:28:11 Phillip Seaver wrote:
>
>> Steven Watanabe wrote:
>>
>>> AMDG

>>> http://zigzag.cs.msu.su/boost.build/wiki/PythonPort/Status
>>>
>> That page hasn't been updated since May of last year.  Has it been that
>> long since progress has been made or just that long since anybody
>> (Volodya, I would guess) has updated the status?  :-)
>>
>> One of my co-workers was complaining the other day about the speed of
>> BB, so I thought I'd see what the status is, since it's supposed to be
>> faster.
>>

> I think there was some progress since then. However, right now I am focusing
> on some polishing of C++ Boost build process. There are a couple of deadline
> there soon, and then I'll return to python port.
>
> OOC, what platforms are you interested most? I guess gcc and msvc?

Yes, those are the only two we use.

I really wish I could contribute more, but I'm busy at work and at
home.  :-(

Thanks for all the work you do, Volodya.

Phillip

Re: What is the status of PythonPort?

Reynolds, John
I'll stick my big unwanted nose in here, I believe to get more interest in BB the C++ should be finished and made 2.0 final, the sooner the better, even with bugs. In short the golden rule, get it working first and then optimize it ;)
I would delay the Python Port to be a 2.x or a 3.0 release.