What is status of Boost.Sync?

The library docs docs say it's been in Boost since 1.55.

Boost master has no submodule for it.

Boost develop has submodule for it

If Sync was removed, why it is still in develop?

If Sync was added, hence it is in develop, why the docs mention 1.55
and why it is not in master?

What is the status of this thing?

Re: What is status of Boost.Sync?

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 1:10 AM Mateusz Loskot via Boost

> The library docs docs say it's been in Boost since 1.55.
>
> Boost master has no submodule for it.
>
> Boost develop has submodule for it
>
> If Sync was removed, why it is still in develop?
>
> If Sync was added, hence it is in develop, why the docs mention 1.55
> and why it is not in master?
>
> What is the status of this thing?

https://github.com/boostorg/sync/issues/8

In short, Boost.Sync was not removed but rather it was never released
(yet) and can be considered a work in progress. As far as the
implementation goes, it should be working fine. It has tests, which
are passing. The main missing part is the documentation. When it's
written, we will probably need some sort of a review, if only a fast
track one, then it can be merged to master and released with the rest
of Boost.

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 at 00:35, Andrey Semashev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 1:10 AM Mateusz Loskot via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > What is the status of this thing?
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/sync/issues/8
>
> In short, Boost.Sync was not removed but rather it was never released
> (yet) and can be considered a work in progress.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

TBH, this doc is confusing to me

https://github.com/boostorg/sync/blob/master/doc/changelog.qbk